• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. B

Tactics You wanna be a better player? I'll tell you how...

Well, if you're going to bump this, then I'll reply and say that "never welding" is a bad idea. In fact, almost every map has a door/thing somewhere that is a GOOD idea to weld. Some examples: spawn doors in biotic labs, couch room in biohazard, side door in the small room in departed, almost...
  2. B

Stockpiling

It was never a "problem" beyond being a memory issue. Unfortunately that made it significant.
  3. B

What do you guys do when you get bored?

I dunno man. For me, KF isn't so much about playing it as it is about being in the same server with some Steam-friends and laughing as they tryhard their asses off while pretending not to care. But when KF really does get boring, I hit alt+F4 and go do something else.
  4. B

Rebalancing pistols: unique, healthy niches

lol The Mk23 isn't a rifle, but it functions as an intermediary between the crossbow and M14. The Mk23 can't kill strong trash with a single headshot like the crossbow can, nor can the Mk23 solo everything like the M14 can, but the Mk23 can certainly destroy every single trash specimen, and...
  5. B

I separated his post into multiple quotes because I wanted it to be easier for him to see what each part of my reply was addressing. And regardless, if you, as the third party, decide to join in, then it's up to you to make sure you know what you're analyzing. Sure. But consider the context of...
  6. B

Althamus:[spoiler] You don't get spread because... because you said so? You just... you just don't...? Because you said so? Ridiculous. Ask anyone who plays this game with their eyes open
  7. B

mrsirr: [spoiler] I said "sharpshooters are better than commandos at killing trash." His quote was close to "if as a commando, you spam your guns, then sharpshooters are better at killing trash," with this second statement implied to be what I had actually said, even though it obviously...
  8. B

[spoiler] "If you are as good as you need to be for my argument to make sense, my argument makes sense." Ehhhh. It really doesn't depend
  9. B

I meant the opposite. The commando already reloads quickly enough
  10. B

lol if you wanted to balance pistols you'd make the reloads take longer. Anything else is either illogical (more than 1 headshot to kill a trash zed) or irrelevant (decrease mag size/ammo pool/firing speed). There is currently an overlap between sharpshooter and commando, such that the...
  11. B

What seem unbalanced to you?

I keep making this point and it's been ignored every time so far. Apparently, it's logical to examine camping classes in the context of a kiting scenario, conclude that camping classes are not ideal for kiting, and then make the claim that because of this, the berserker is OP...
  12. B

Where did I say that a camping class has to solo 6-man HoE to prove that the berserker is OP? That makes no sense at all. I never said it lol. What I did say was that it's pointless to say berserker is OP because he kites and then try to prove that by saying that a camping class can't kite
  13. B

I explained why I think this is an irrelevant scenario. You're also using "the rest of the team is dead" instead of just saying "kiting," at which point it becomes very obvious why the berserker is better suited for it
  14. B

That type of worst case scenario can definitely occur, and it "certainly" showcases the berserker's OPness, but isn't that situation contrived out of some lethally bad luck? Point being, if there needs to be such terrible luck on the part of the camping players in order for the berserker to be...
  15. B

This is almost what I'm saying. My caveat to this is that it's stupid to discuss it when you've put >1,000 hours into the game, because obviously at that point balance is irrelevant since you can win on 6-man HoE as pretty much anything. And uh, I dunno, they sort of are mutually exclusive. At...
  16. B

I said that instead of calling the class overpowered, you should be calling the game easy. lol
  17. B

Ehhhh. Let's say you have a level 6 berserker playing on Beginner (1-6 players). Cakewalk. Now a level 6 sharpshooter on Beginner (1-6 players). Same thing. How about a level 6 berserker playing on 1-man HoE? Also a cakewalk. A level 6 sharpshooter playing on 1-man HoE is also a cakewalk...
  18. B

Tactics Tape your screen

What I posted is obviously healthier for the monitor lol
  19. B

Tactics Tape your screen

This is kind of old news. And yeah, you're better off going into windowed mode and using a program. Or, if you wanted to still use fullscreen, then at the very least, buy a $5 laser pointer and mount it somewhere behind you so that it hits the middle of your screen. But honestly... if you...