• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Y

GC - Solo much easier if you keep health below 50

Yes, the obvious flaw is it currently keeps the spawn rate low indefinitely, which is easy to fix with logic that ramps up the spawn rate to normal levels after a short time, giving players time to heal but not allowing them the freedom to remain lower health for long. Such a change would...
  2. Y

GC - Solo much easier if you keep health below 50

The video is pretty conclusive and it does seem as though the GC is currently a tad too simplistic. The results aren't subtle and seem a bit easy to game. Health can be "set" by players so it's not a strong metric to use to gauge skill or performance. TWI appear to want the GC to measure...
  3. Y

My thoughts on Yoshiro's Steam post (post title modified by Yoshiro)

It wasn't clear in the op that the complaint was about the fact that it's a random weapon. And a lot of people complaining about the cash shop do so on the basis that it takes development time away from the game. The latter is not only false but a flawed argument. However, I do agree that...
  4. Y

I agree on one point. I'm much less inclined to pay money for a random "prize". This aspect I don't understand. It's surely much better if we can just shop for exactly the items we want. I've paid money to other games for skins (not an insubstantial amount of money) because I get the skins I...
  5. Y

The purpose of zedconomy is to generate funds, ignoring the game play benefit (some people like cosmetics). Tw have confirmed the development of zedconomy is sourced through separate developers from everything else. Yes, they will cost money. But cosmetic monetisation is a tried and tested way...
  6. Y

What do you think the money they get from it goes on?
  7. Y

It absolutely boggles my mind that anyone, particularly these days, is offended by cosmetic monetisation. It has no downsides. At all.
  8. Y

Came back to the game - few questions

It does, you have to be quite a distance from that trader to take ammo from a player.
  9. Y

"Dynamic" difficulty system

The stats will be interesting and I appreciate that tweaking will make things better. Just take into consideration that stats don't measure fun ;) I'm going to keep trying it but initial feeling is it's not more fun than it was and that's driven mostly by the zed run speed.
  10. Y

If it's coded properly, it shouldn't be beneficial to game it to make things easier (that is, deliberately playing badly to make life easier should be way less efficient than just playing well). Thus, it shouldn't need to be a server setting. The director l4d just worked. But then, l4ds entire...
  11. Y

I think zed run speed increasing is fundamental to the problems the conductor is causing. I just think the conductor should only change the spawn timers and nothing else. A constant flow of spawns, where every zed death is replaced by a new spawn, along with the zed type itself (harder zeds if...
  12. Y

Great work killing demo, TWI.

Some time before the game is finished and ready for actual release. Don't get me wrong, feedback is useful because they can tweak problems now without a full patch and it must be annoying if your favourite perk is the demo. But if all it had going for it was being able to stun then I'd say...
  13. Y

Great work killing demo, TWI.

I know right. It's not even as though they're going to totally revamp the demo, rendering any current balance issues totally void, right?
  14. Y

When dose Early Assess End!?

I personally don't think it matters. I'm enjoying the game a lot and if anyone else prefers to wait and wait for it to be officially released purely on the basis that it's early access, that's their prerogative. I've seen countless games forums flooded with complaints that developers shouldn't...
  15. Y

[Question] Is versus coming out with sharpshooter update or later?

Perhaps and that's how it should be. What isn't clear is whether the victory is determined by Zed vs Survivor or Survivor vs Survivor.
  16. Y

[Question] Is versus coming out with sharpshooter update or later?

The major difference is L4D has both teams taking turns to play Survivors where the winner is the team that performed best as Survivors. From what I've seen so far, KF2 versus doesn't work that way and will be quite different because of that. I can imagine the first few weeks it'll be tough to...
  17. Y

TWI, playable zeds needs to wait

I was offering a more balanced view on it, really. But my main points, the bit of my post that is most important in my opinion, are that the effort is worth it if people play it (yet to be determined) and your personal requirements (no pvp mode until they've finished the game) aren't...
  18. Y

TWI, playable zeds needs to wait

L4D Versus was amazing fun. That's probably why. You may not have enjoyed it but a whole lot of other people did. So no, TWI shouldn't make design decisions just because Valve did something. But I don't think anyone said that. They just said that Versus was a brilliant design concept and it...
  19. Y

Lets talk about KF2's monthly player base.

It might well end up as a throwaway mode but I'd be amazed if versus lets you play as any of the minor zeds without significantly changing how they play. Valve did a very good job with Versus, although the core mechanics of L4D was incapacitation and that doesn't exist in KF2. The truth is...
  20. Y

Lets talk about KF2's monthly player base.

If Tripwire nail versus then I wouldn't be surprised if the player numbers got a sizeable bump after that release. It just depends how well advertised it is. I'm not saying the community is based on pvp enthusiasts (and I imagine it's probably the opposite) but it will definitely have a group...