• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. H

Still no fix for 8-Series Geforce Stutter?

It's been literary months since a few people, including me, reported problems with Geforce Cards 8xxx on Win XP, resulting in lagging/stuttering gameplay even with steady 60FPS, especially indoors. This didn't seem to concern Vista users, and I'm not sure if 9xxx card users also experience these...
  2. H

Need some help with vehicle classes

Hi Guys Someone, a while ago, released a team swap mutator. It swaps starting points, cap points, artillery volumes and roles around so a map can be played from both sides by german or russian. It also swaps vehicles around - so each side gets appriorate vehicles in the spawn locations where...
  3. H

Bad way to handle menu/battle music

Hi all While I truly love the update and the new maps, I think I've seen more people than just me not liking the way it works with the music now. I personally want main menu music, but not battle music. Right now, there's only one volume slider controlling both. I thought this wouldn't be...
  4. H

Changing menu music, removing battle music

Hello Guys. Anyone knows what files can be removed, and what file needs to be renamed to play as main menu music? I have a nice .ogg sample here I want to use but I don't know what file is called on loading.
  5. H

[Splat] Dudes...your server's redirect is kaputt

When trying to connect to SPLAT Server, recently I've been getting the error "failed to launch URL "Heereswintermod" - version mismatch". It's impossible to join. Must have something to do with custom soldier skins, as this is where I think the package name comes from. Please fix or do somefink.
  6. H

So many stickies in general forum...

...seriously, with the huge banner on top, the navigation menu, and then what seems like 10 "stickied" topics, on an average screen you can't even read the new messages in this board without scrolling down. Anyone else things less stickies would be nice?
  7. H

What happened to my Halftrack MG?

Strange... Lately when riding the german HT as a gunner, the MG behaves very weird. Instead of staying fixed in front of my viewpoint, looking over the sights, it's moving left to right, up and down, with my viewpoint staying fixed and thus going off-axis from the barrel. It's as if the gunner...
  8. H

Fix the Pickup System please...

1) The idea that ammo drops in pouches and not individual mags is pretty good and works well. That was a good change. 2) The fact that you automatically swap weapons if you pick up a new main weapon, even if you actually wanted to pick a grenade or ammo, gets people killed. Over and over and...
  9. H

New version of TeamSwap-Mutator?

Been using the search (maybe badly?) can't find anything: Is there a new version of the TeamSwap Mut. out that includes support for the UC and PzIVH ?
  10. H

Level Design Road to Hill Combined Download?

I searched and looked all around, but neither here not at maporchestra could I find a working download link for RoadtohillCombined anyone has info on that? thanks
  11. H

Level Design Bot Paths for Makhnovo Village and Berezina - Deal!

Hi Guys. I'm willing to sponsor two small gifts from amazon.com (about 25$ each) to the mapper(s) who would be able and interested to add bot pathing for RO-Makhnovo Village and RO-Berezina. Both are very great maps for infantry combat (and combined arms for Berezina) but too many people...
  12. H

On the tactical use of Halftracks

I've seen this a bit too often today at Kuzernki - an excellent map with lots of open ground that makes HTs usefull to cover that ground under fire. Like most Combat Mission Players will know, a Halftrack is not usually a door ram or a tank. It is a battlefield taxi and should be used as such...
  13. H

What would it take for a more tactical single-player experience?

I have to say, RO online can be great. On the right map (Orel, Kuzernki etc...) it can be a very tactical experience of working with two "squads" to secure objectives. Longer ranges help, especially if it's an infantry map. Many here, I guess, come from a Combat Mission (like me) or Close...
  14. H

Level Design Custom maps with decent bot pathing?

Hey guys just wondering which maps have good bot pathing already? I want to try more maps out offline but it's pointless if the bots get stuck in the spawn. Orel has decent paths. Snowy Forrest/KurlandKessel too What about Road to Hill 88? Any others? I wish PartisanForrest and...
  15. H

Everytime germans camp at Basovka, god kills a puppie...

...so don't damn well camp, think of the puppies. Seriously...SPLAT server tonight - another wonderfull round of Basovka down the drain. That map is a nightmare if you get a german team full of wannabe-snipers and campers who want to sit at their spawn and kill russians. I told people to...
  16. H

Level Design Orel opens up the ultimate teamplay - tank formations!

Oh my god. My first round of Orel online was the best teamplay experience I ever had. If you haven't played that yet, picture this: You have two guys, a tested team, in a StuG III. Driver and Gunner communicate with each other as it should be (I always play with the same guy so that's easy)...
  17. H

Kaukasus - alternate spaws between Backroute and Mortar Pos?

Been playing Kauk yesterday on the project server (and we germans got a royal butt-kicking by a very dedicated red team, congrats). What I noticed is that even if mortars are capped, as soon as backroute gets capped, everyone spawns back there. IMHO the germans should have it easier to...
  18. H

Load times getting worser?

Recently, even on maps that used to load somewhat decent, I find myself now being the last to join a server. I didn't add or change anything on my system. My maschine isn't bad - 1 Gig RAM, 3000+ AMD, 7200 RPM SATA Drive. 4Mbit Cable. Seriously, if the next patch doesn't fix these load...
  19. H

Russians should not get to use the PF in large numbers

Been playing on Ogledow yesterday with a friend, attacking the farm as germans. I can't count the number of times we've been blown up by russian infantry using a Panzerfaust. OTOH we nailed quite a few PTRDs. Sorry, but this is wrong. On one hand you have maps like Baksan Valley, where...
  20. H

Map makers, please do us a favor...

Since the Beta SDK is now out, a plea to all who will start mapping: Can you guys please include bot pathing as much as possible? Many people enjoy to occasionally just fire up a quick offline game on their favorite map without the need to find a decent server; also many servers are running...