• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. H

Can someone explain ticket drops to me?

I've been having trouble with tickets drops being very inconsistent. I know there's a limit on ticket drops, but in some cases I'll play a full hour after not having played KF2 for an entire day and still get no drop. I'm hoping I can get some information to help clarify what is supposed to...
  2. H

Returning players with a few questions

I last played KF2 pre-Gunslinger so I've missed quite a lot of changes. I've been hearing good things about KF2, and my favorite KF perk (Sharpshooter) has been added so I'm back for more. I do have a few questions to help me get back into the game: 1. Is there a current test map somewhere I...
  3. H

How is the Firebug after the tap-fire nerf?

It's been a while since I last played KF2. Last I played the Firebug was OP, but only because of the damage boost from tap-firing. Before I learned of that trick the Firebug seemed pretty weak with horrible ammo problems. Now that tap-firing no longer does bonus damage, how is the Firebug? Is he...
  4. H

Feedback on the beta

I have returned to KF2 after taking a few months off to wait for new content. I've only tried the Firebug so far (and only reached level 10), but I've already noticed some things I want to bring to the developers attention ASAP. 1) I've only been able to utilize the Demo's Grenade Supplier...
  5. H

Tactics Parrying Fleshpounds?

I've been practicing solo to try and learn how to parry Fleshpounds and I've had only minor success so far. I can usually parry his single fist and kick attacks, but I've struggled with a few other attacks. The most problematic has been his jumping double fist attack while calm or his initial...
  6. H

Testmap?

I'm looking to hone my skills against Scrakes and Fleshpounds and gain a better understanding of their mechanics. The easiest way to do this would be through a testmap, ideally one that does not provide xp (I have no interest in cheesing my way to a high level). I've seen a few videos that were...
  7. H

Question about the damage of Support's FP combo

About a week ago I finally hit level 6 with Support (my 5th level 6th... as good as Support is I really shouldn't have left it that long). Since then I've been hard at work practicing and mastering the combos for killing Scrake and Fleshpound. As I've become better at the FP combo I noticed...
  8. H

Some fixes for the Berserker

The recent changes and additions to the Berserker, while well intentioned, have been somewhat lacking in execution. Here's my attempt to clean it up a bit: 1) Reduce the base price of all melee weapons* by 50%. Leave the price at level 6 unchanged and scale the discounts accordingly. This fixes...
  9. H

Invisible enemies in testmap?

I was hoping to give the new weapons a thorough workout on the testmap so I could gauge their power and uses. I like to do this because the wikis (both official and unofficial) take forever to get updated and tend to have shoddy info. For example, the official wiki lists the Flare Revolver as...
  10. H

Force spawned as wrong class with no weapons?

Periodically when a join a server it immediately forces me to spawn without allowing me to select a class. When this occurs the class I spawn as isn't what I had selected, but Berserker (at least lately, I think it used to be commando). When I spawn it is without the proper weapon/armor for my...
  11. H

Rebalancing the Claymore and Scythe

When the DLC update hit the Scythe was laughably OP, particularly compared to the non-DLC Claymore. When the recent patch hit and nerfed the Scythe it was reduced to a state where it is almost completely outclassed by the Claymore. Both of these outcomes have decidedly negative effects on the...
  12. H

Scythe is now inferior Claymore?

The Scythe's primary fire speed, as well as secondary fire damage have been reduced. The Secondary fire of the Scythe now behaves the same as the Claymore. Preface I get that the Scythe needed a nerf. Bodyshot stuns on Scrake just allowed players to get away with too much without being...
  13. H

Finding Servers...

I've been having trouble consistently finding servers. When I first launch the game I can find any and all servers just fine. After restarting search a few times I almost completely lose the ability the find servers; if I'm lucky maybe two will be found. The only way to fix it is to close the...
  14. H

Questions about DLC weapons

I'm considering buying the DLC weapons but I have a few questions first. As my favorite class is medic I'm curious about how well the weapons work off-perk. -Is the Scythe useful at all off-perk (for a level 6 medic)? Does it retain any ability to stun Scrakes? -Is the Buzzsaw Bow able to stun...