• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. H

Can someone explain ticket drops to me?

I've been having trouble with tickets drops being very inconsistent. I know there's a limit on ticket drops, but in some cases I'll play a full hour after not having played KF2 for an entire day and still get no drop. I'm hoping I can get some information to help clarify what is supposed to...
  2. H

Returning players with a few questions

Well ****, that makes a huge difference. I didn't even realize the thing had an alt fire. And this is why I'm here LOL. Thanks.
  3. H

In my testing with a level 3 Sharpshooter vs 6 man Hard enemies, I have been unable to find a safe way to kill Scrakes with Crossbow/M14 and entirely unable to find a safe way to kill Fleshpounds. For Scrakes it seems like the Railgun can stagger on headshot every time. If I soften the Scrake...
  4. H

Thanks for the quick responses, I'll let you know if I have more questions after my testing.
  5. H

I last played KF2 pre-Gunslinger so I've missed quite a lot of changes. I've been hearing good things about KF2, and my favorite KF perk (Sharpshooter) has been added so I'm back for more. I do have a few questions to help me get back into the game: 1. Is there a current test map somewhere I...
  6. H

How is the Firebug after the tap-fire nerf?

It's been a while since I last played KF2. Last I played the Firebug was OP, but only because of the damage boost from tap-firing. Before I learned of that trick the Firebug seemed pretty weak with horrible ammo problems. Now that tap-firing no longer does bonus damage, how is the Firebug? Is he...
  7. H

Many perks for fb useless when using microwave gun?

Firebug skills are in a relatively bad spot right now with few real choices. At level 5 you should always start with Fully Stocked to save money and then switch to Flaritov once you have a full loadout. You just don't have the money early on to make sufficient use of grenades and after you get...
  8. H

Flesh pounds and scrakes are just not fun to fight

Fighting FPs in KF1 was actually extremely tactical and skill based. Scrakes were complete pushovers if you had any Sharps or Zerks, but FPs were great fun. First and foremost, there were a lot of options to kill a FP in a timely manner. The Support had a combo that involved stacking grenades...
  9. H

Flesh pounds and scrakes are just not fun to fight

Overall I would agree that the Scrake and FP suffer from a poor design in KF2. My primary complaint is that there are very limited tactics you can utilize to successfully kill these enemies. Although I've had limited success at times with Commando headshotting, most battles against Scrakes and...
  10. H

A reasoning on economy and magazine count

Two major issues contribute to the under-utilization of mid-tier weaponry: 1) When money is no object most mid-tier weapons can't hold up. They are essentially weaker versions of end-game weaponry. When the mid-tier weapons provide unique functionality that can't be matched elsewhere they...
  11. H

Feedback on the beta

I have returned to KF2 after taking a few months off to wait for new content. I've only tried the Firebug so far (and only reached level 10), but I've already noticed some things I want to bring to the developers attention ASAP. 1) I've only been able to utilize the Demo's Grenade Supplier...
  12. H

WWAUT - Going Berserk on Berserker

These skills definitely look to be a clear upgrade and offer some interesting choices. I just have always been confused on why level 25 skills are related to ZED time. This results in the hardest to obtain skills being the most irrelevant. The vast majority of the game is spent outside of ZED...
  13. H

Scrakes > Fleshpounds - Both are no-fun bullet sponges

That would make Scrakes essentially Fleshpound Jrs. I have no problem with Scrakes staying raged, there just needs to be ways to skillfully handle a raged Scrake (besides confusing him into standing still via circling). Parrying is a decent start but at least with the Scrake's current amount of...
  14. H

Scrakes > Fleshpounds - Both are no-fun bullet sponges

Though I agree that Scrakes aren't ideally implemented currently, they're still pretty fair enemies. Intelligent play will allow the team to kill Scrakes before they deal much if any damage, while poor play will turn them into massive threats potentially capable of wiping the entire team. Thus...
  15. H

Tactics PLEASE Target the Sirens FIRST

My previous post seems to have drawn a lot of responses, so let me clarify. Yes, Sirens are the biggest priority to kill and every player regardless of perk is responsible for killing Sirens. The reason I pointed out the Commando is that in an ideal situation he can kill Sirens at long range...
  16. H

What new types of Zeds would you like to see in the future?

I'm most interested in seeing middle-tier enemies that are specifically designed to be countered by one or two perks. Every perk would still be able to kill these enemies, but in a less efficient manner. Some possible examples: Support - an enemy with high health but a weak head... protected...
  17. H

Tactics Parrying Fleshpounds?

Thanks for the video and awesome advice everyone. This helps a lot.
  18. H

Tactics Parrying Fleshpounds?

I've been practicing solo to try and learn how to parry Fleshpounds and I've had only minor success so far. I can usually parry his single fist and kick attacks, but I've struggled with a few other attacks. The most problematic has been his jumping double fist attack while calm or his initial...
  19. H

Tactics PLEASE Target the Sirens FIRST

The Commando in particular should prioritize Sirens as he has the easiest time killing them before they get close enough to deal damage. But once the Siren gets close it is everyone's responsibility to kill except perhaps the Medic who is desperately trying to keep the team alive.
  20. H

Guide: Scrake on HoE as berserk (shovel only)

That assumes you're the only player in the server though. For 6 man HoE you'd need 38 bullets to headshot kill a Scrake with the SCAR off-perk. As a max level Commando benefiting from the Single Fire or Autofire skill it would take you 25 bullets.