• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. C

Plugged-in x360 controller gives hit feedback

Address me directly, thanks. You quoted me, but then acted like you were responding to another person. Even though this is mostly a silly topic... you have no actual evidence to support that it's an overlooked accident. I don't have any real evidence to show it's an intended feature. I admit...
  2. C

Release - [CGT] 3.0 with Search & Destroy

I love one-life gametypes, so I can't wait to play this. I bet CTF could be fun, too, assuming the maps play properly.
  3. C

Yep, I'm just being silly. We still get the 'scrunch' and 'plink' hit confirmations. I've also sometimes noticed that the shot that kills me is particularly loud, even if the enemy is far away. Am I hallucinating this, or is this an intentional part of the game?
  4. C

Agreed. Still, as long as it's in the default game, I'm going to use it. I can't imagine the reasoning behind its presence, considering it's much more appropriate to a game like Q3A than something in this series. Whatever edge TWI says I should have! Can we do fullbright models next, please...
  5. C

Hey, hit confirmation signals are totally an advantage. Think about playing on maps like Hanto or Guadalcanal.
  6. C

It's sometimes unpredictable, for sure. The "secret" truth here (I'm just being silly) is that I find it funny that the controller gets this kind of feedback and the KB+M combo doesn't. Really? Hit feedback?
  7. C

Why should controller players get telepathy and keyboard and mouse users shouldn't? If this feature is in the game (and it absolutely is a feature), I am going to use it to my advantage.
  8. C

I have a wired Xbox 360 controller that I use for other games, and I keep it plugged in, sitting on my desk. Whenever one of my shots hits an enemy, the controller vibrates (and therefore makes a loud rattling noise on my desk). It's like having hit confirmation in Quake 3, except it's a real...
  9. C

Tripwire and Popsmoke

I want to see a big mod without TWI involvement. I like Rising Storm, but I hope the next big one is a vision of a separate studio/group. I want a new angle.
  10. C

Accuracy on slopes.

Ideally you should be able to aim at the normal iron sights point. I doubt gravity would matter much under 200m (almost always the maximum range in RO2/RS).
  11. C

Anyone else notice an increase in racism because of "japs"

You don't fail to see it as racist because you are unintelligent. You're deliberately choosing to deny its racist implications because it's unpleasant and inconvenient for you. The biggest problem I have is this silly pretending that people don't recognize the racism inherent in the word. If...
  12. C

Why aren't there niggers on the USA side? Please don't object to that term, it's history.
  13. C

It's a slur that people in the US used (use) against Japanese people. No argument, no question: it's a racially charged, racist term. The self-secure adult thing to do is choose to not use the term, rather than pretend like it's "political correctness gone amok". Intelligent people understand...
  14. C

I don't know how it's possible that this argument even exists. Jap is a racial slur and anyone with any sense of history knows this. Why argue about it? It's as clear as day.
  15. C

I can only speak for the USA but the word Jap is absolutely racist. It's an older racist word, but it's absolutely a racial slur.
  16. C

Discussion for Unreal Engine 4

What specifically does it have to do with RO2/RS?
  17. C

Discussion for Unreal Engine 4

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18
  18. C

I recognize the stakes are pretty low here -- after all, we're playing a dumb game where we shoot each other to death. I just wish people would accept that they are balls out dropping a racial slur when they say Jap and then defend it on that level. When you say Jap, you're saying something...
  19. C

Automatic weapons spread

You can also use middle click to do slow fire mode. I usually tap single shots with middle click, because it's easier to control. The BAR is godly in this game.
  20. C

Jap is a word that oblivious elderly people say, like 'coon'. It's 2013 and any sane human knows Jap is a racially charged slur.