• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Defekt

[Image] Colourised Flakvierling 38 of Panzer-Grenadier Division Gro

Click here to view the post. The Flakvierling 38 was a quad mount version of the 2cm FlaK 38 and was introduced in 1940. The single 2cm FlaK guns were planned to be phased out early in the war in favour of 3.7cm cannon, as the latter was able to engage targets at much greater range and with...
  2. Defekt

[Video] Previously Unknown Colour USAF Gun Cam Footage, Germany 1945

http://ww2incolour.blogspot.com/2011/10/previously-unknown-us-gun-cam-footage.html In the last week some previously unknown colour Gun Camera footage has emerged from the Romano Archives. The footage was taken over Germany in 1945 from USAF P-47 Thunderbolt fighter-bombers and features the...
  3. Defekt

October 21st Update Changelog

The class limits and ready up system looks awesome!
  4. Defekt

Fallschirmjager and Stalingrad

Here's some info you may find useful: http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333578
  5. Defekt

Update soon

Stats saving after each round is ****ING AWESOME! Thanks TWI :D
  6. Defekt

[Video] Why Red Orchestra 2 Isn't Popular

It's times like this that I wish Youtube wasn't blocked at work!
  7. Defekt

Kill-cam discussion : please be civilized

Kill cam is not part of the filter for hardcore servers unfortunately, so they will show up no matter what you select :(
  8. Defekt

Changing the Console Key

I've been wondering the same thing, thanks!
  9. Defekt

Remove all protected area once a team has 0 reinforcements.

This is an excellent idea, it would also help against people that have gone AFK in the spawn.
  10. Defekt

[Image] The Allied Invasion of Europe

This series by The Atlantic is absolutely excellent, I will be sad when they finish! There are a number of photos in there that I'd rather like to have a go at colourising, especially the view from the landing craft at one of the beaches (Omaha?).
  11. Defekt

Degtyarev DP and PPS-42

Apparently mass production of the PPS42 didn't begin until spring 1943 but as the Germans have the Mkb 42 I imagine it wouldn't be too much of a realism stretch to add the PPS42. I'll keep an eye out for some photographic evidence :)
  12. Defekt

More tank maps?

There is a Gumrak mission in the single player campaign where you can fight against AI tanks, and I played on a server last night running Gumrak that had about 8 bot controlled tanks on each side so you can always try practising there. When I was on there was only one other human playing so it...
  13. Defekt

StalinGrad 1993

The subtitled version of Stalingrad is vastly superior to the dubbed version, it's rather odd if people are speaking but the lips of the actors do not match. It's been a few years since I saw it but I remember it was rather excellent.
  14. Defekt

Kill-cam discussion : please be civilized

Whenever I join a server with a kill cam I leave and find another. I'm quite fond of sitting in concealed positions with a bolt action rifle and do not enjoy it when my hiding place is given away by a feature that makes no sense. IMHO servers with kill cams should not be marked as 'Realistic'...
  15. Defekt

Question: Did engineers really carry SMGs instead of the standard issue rifle?

A rifle option would make a lot of sense for the Germans as the engineer pouches worn by the player model only had the facility to carry stripper clips of K98 ammo. If they had an MP40 as well as the pouches then they'd need to be wearing separate MP40 pouches.
  16. Defekt

[Image] Colourised Panzer IV Platoon in France, 1943/44

I use a free Photoshop equivalent by the name of GIMP to produce the images. The process is rather too longwinded to explain here but below is a link to the tutorial I used to learn the basic process. http://emptyeasel.com/2008/10/24/how-to-digitally-color-a-black-white-photograph-in-gimp/...
  17. Defekt

[Video] Colour Video of the D-Day Landings

http://ww2incolour.blogspot.com/2011/09/colour-video-of-d-day-landings.html At the above link you can find a three-part compilation of colour footage of the D-Day Landings. Enjoy!
  18. Defekt

[Image] Colourised Panzer IV Platoon in France, 1943/44

Click here to view the image. I've just finished my latest colourised photograph, a Panzer IV Ausf. H Zug of 8./Pz-Rgt. 3 near Amiens in France in the Winter of 1943-44.
  19. Defekt

Why does every server have this turned on??

I use the filters in the server browser to filter out everything apart from hardcore servers with FF turned on. Of the 8 servers I played on yesterday 7 of them were listed as hardcore and had the kill cam switched on. Maybe it's a problem with Euro servers?