• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. y2jrock60

RS Japanese 'Garand'

The article states that none of the Type 4/5 prototypes were issued before the end of the war. Also, 225 rifles is an extremely small number compared to the 420,000 MKb variants produced from 1942-1945. Even during 1942 there were over 11,000 MKb 42's available. I don't think it would make sense...
  2. y2jrock60

Beta Scores

Anyone who played the HoS Beta should have known this. I think it was mentioned on the forums multiple times during the Beta that stats weren't going to transfer. The Beta was a stand alone client from the final release.
  3. y2jrock60

RS Type 99 Arisaka?

Rifleman and Squad Leaders are the only classes that receive access to the Type 99. I believe you have to reach Rifleman Class Rank 2 or 3 before you have access to the 99. It shouldn't take very long to unlock it for both classes. I think the pre-order only gave instant access to the Type 99...
  4. y2jrock60

HIGH PINGs

I noticed a ping increase after the last Beta patch which occurred around May 24th. During the early Open Beta the server Ping was very close to my in game Ping. When the last Beta patch rolled out my in game ping rose to about 20-50ms more than the server's Ping. Example: When I Ping a server...
  5. y2jrock60

RS Why do the Japanese not use leaf camoflage on Guadalcanal?

They should remove Guadalcanal from the game and replace it with DE_Dust.
  6. y2jrock60

Most Useful weapons upgrades?

The upgraded sniper scopes, larger Thompson Mag/Recoil Reducer, and the BAR foregrip.
  7. y2jrock60

Tactics To banzai or not to banzai, that is the question (Guadalcanal)

A Banzai charge on objectives A & B on Guadalcanal isn't the best strategy. Those particular objectives are best capped by clearing out the enemies with grenades, knee motars, and artillery followed by a tactical rush which requires the effective use of cover. However, I believe a Banzai charge...
  8. y2jrock60

Tactics Preferred weapon for US Squad Leader?

It's highly dependent of what map I'm playing and the situation I'm lost likely to encounter. The Thompson is nice to have in closerange combat, the M1 in longer range combat, and the Shotgun for medium range situations.
  9. y2jrock60

Battlefield Promotion Garbage

The Battlefield Promotion is a cool idea, but at the moment it's complete garbage. When someone takes your role you are forced to suicide. I don't understand why it doesn't wait until you die. It's actually a detriment to the team when your forced to suicide and waste a reinforcement due to the...
  10. y2jrock60

Thx to reveal the Spirit...

I smell TROLL
  11. y2jrock60

RS About the range setting on mortars

While in deployed mode scroll up on the mouse wheel. You can continue to scroll forward to increase the distances of the round. You can launch a mortar a good 150m, but I get most of my mortar kills in the 50m range. If you want to return to direct fire mode just scroll the wheel down.
  12. y2jrock60

RS About the range setting on mortars

I don't even pay attention to the stated distances. I fire an estimated test shot then compensate myself. It just takes practice judging distances and how many clicks to apply. After a few rounds you will get an idea of where the enemy bunkers up and how many clicks you need. Just ignore the...
  13. y2jrock60

Is the balance unfair?

I agree that the Japs are usually on the losing end more often than not, but I don't believe it's due to an imbalance. I think it's a combination of good Allied and poor Axis teams. When the Axis gets stacked, which is pretty rare at the moment, they tear the crap out of the Allies. I will...
  14. y2jrock60

RS Aiming the 1903

I'm starting to get better with the 1903, I guess I just needed some practice. The Garand definitely took a while to get used to, but I managed to become extremely comfortable and accurate with it. I think my problem with the 1903 was its wide front sight. I'm used to using the fine pointed...
  15. y2jrock60

RS Aiming the 1903

I always aim for centermass when given the opportunity, but there are countless times where the only target is the head. I have no problem hitting small targets with the other rifles. It's weird that I can't seem to hit them with the 1903.
  16. y2jrock60

RS Aiming the 1903

I recently reach level 50 with the Type 38, Type 99, and the Garand. I have only started using the non-sniper variant of the 1903. I'm having a hard time hitting targets with this rifle. I was able to pop people in the head with the other rifles, but seem to miss head shots more often than not...
  17. y2jrock60

Please realism server owners....

I couldn't agree more.
  18. y2jrock60

People who say "left/right" instead of "east/west"

I understand that just saying left and right may be confusing when you first start playing. However, I think everyone that has been playing can agree that they refer in reference to facing the enemy spawn. I find it easier to say and comprehend left/right flank then east/west flank. Each map is...
  19. y2jrock60

RS 2.5x scope on Japanese LMG does not disappoint

I unlocked the 2.5x scope on the Type 99 last night but didn't have the opportunity to put it through extensive testing. From my short experience using it I do have one complaint, my lack of keys left for binding. The scope appears to be extremely useful but there are certain circumstances where...
  20. y2jrock60

RS IwoJima Allies Biased?

Out of the 30 times I played Iwo Jima the Axis only won 3 of those times. I think a mediocre Allied team could beat a well skilled Axis team on Iwo Jima. I definitely think the issue is the map design, reinforcements and time limits need to be adjusted to boost the chance of an Axis victory.