• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. =7Cav=OIFVET101

RS Lets talk about M-1 recoil

The question would be how often do you shoot in real life? You mention a 22 and a 30-06 but how proficient are you. I ask because someone who trains often and shoots regularly (like a soldier for instance) instinctively have better control after recoil. Managing recoil becomes a muscle memory...
  2. =7Cav=OIFVET101

Suggestion to concrete definition of coordinates on the map

Actually in real map the common grid square on a military UTM (Universal transverse Mercado) map is 1000 square kilometers (or 1 square klick); a grid coordinate is basically a 4 digit grid coordinate. When calling in artillery it is the job of the infantry at the front and their FO (Forward...
  3. =7Cav=OIFVET101

US vs Germany, possible future DLC?

I personally think the series should do the whole gambit, including the Africa campaign front. However, only if we get more vehicles with it and if they don't do the whole Normandy storming the beaches thing as it has been over done. The battle of the bulge would be cool as hell with this game.
  4. =7Cav=OIFVET101

Suggested Changes to the Artillery system

I think this may be a little too complicated for current game mechanics to allow. However, I would like to arty and mortars do a walking barrage rather than just landing in 1 spot. Start at point A and arty walks to point C or D for example. Possibly even an air burst for artillery as well to...
  5. =7Cav=OIFVET101

When are we getting new tanks?

While it is true that numbers often drop in some servers when a tank map comes up, I personally believe it is because they are tank only maps. The lack of more vehicles for good combines arms maps is what is keeping the game down. Maps like rackowice would do well with a few added vehicles not...
  6. =7Cav=OIFVET101

AT guns / Mortars

ACE2 was awesome. Nothing like being on the ground as a sniper scout in ARMA and calling back to your guns (ACRE was good too) giving them a grid coordinate watching fire rain down, radioing back to adjust fire etc. To be fair though ARMA is more of a simulator than just a shooter. I am...
  7. =7Cav=OIFVET101

AT guns / Mortars

Actually the commander can call in a mortar barrage of large caliber mortars. Troop usable mortars would not have the barrage effect but rather a single mortar round per shot and would have to be coordinated by the various teammates to be effective and is something that should be added for the...
  8. =7Cav=OIFVET101

Level Design Custom Map/Scenario Idea for a Designer

I like the idea myself. As far as maps go I would love to see someone take real battles and begin mapping them, especially if and when we get a workable campaign mode. Battle for Seelow heights, kursk, and such would be great. Of course one limitation I know a lot of community mappers are...
  9. =7Cav=OIFVET101

Support Custom Maps Servers!

The other problem that arises is whether or not TWI is still going to un-rank a server running custom maps. Does anyone have confirmation on ranked or unranked with custom maps
  10. =7Cav=OIFVET101

Release dates for big mods?

Be patient my friend, they will come. I personally would rather they take their time and release an outstanding mod than rush it and release a problem mod.
  11. =7Cav=OIFVET101

Need a U.S. server? 7th Cavalry is here!

7th Cavalry members will be consistently plating in our server every evening from here on out. Hey I bark a command and my guys follow through. Daytime and mornings are different as everyone works. Last night for instance server was full. Bottom line is we will be there nightly to play!
  12. =7Cav=OIFVET101

Commanders and Squad Leaders: DO YOUR JOB AND COMMAND

The worst is playing commander and no SL marks arty for you. What ends up happening is commander runs out spots with bino's runs back calls arty, rinse and repeat.
  13. =7Cav=OIFVET101

Thanks Ramm.

As the head for RO2 in the 7th Cavalry I want to thank Ramm for joining us in our server tonight. We in the 7th Cavalry are really making an effort at getting our server populated to what it once was. TY for the support TWI
  14. =7Cav=OIFVET101

Working on it as best I can! Join us in the mean time and get to know us a little bit.
  15. =7Cav=OIFVET101

An Appeal for the success of classic mode.

I like the idea of a classic mode as limiting certain weapons for a more historical feel to the game personally. I like many of the actual mechanics of RO2 and feel that they are implemented well but would like a slower more tactical game experience than the standard hardcore mode currently is...
  16. =7Cav=OIFVET101

The 7th Cavalry seeks to play hardcore in all instances!
  17. =7Cav=OIFVET101

Bots Zero! Don't want them! Custom maps? Working on getting my IT to add them. Server Pop getting moved back to 64 man. Server in NY I believe. My plan is to push classic mode to my highers! Clan active in playing with tactics and coms. TS3 also available for those who want to join in...
  18. =7Cav=OIFVET101

Dear community, I know that there are many people looking for a good U.S. based server to play on and I am here to tell you that the 7th Cavalry server is up and will remain up for continued play. We were here during the beta, and have stuck around through all the growing pains. There are many...
  19. =7Cav=OIFVET101

Weapon Sway/Realsim/My take

I like everyone input! What we need to do is start over and begin making non argumentative posts on the subjects and begin again as community taking the constructiveness gained here and adding it. I do feel that the game is getting better but has some work ahead of it still but you have all...
  20. =7Cav=OIFVET101

Weapon Sway/Realsim/My take

God NO! I was NO SLACK! 2/327 1BDE, my brother was 1/502 2BDE