• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Catalavos

Level Design World Properties-Character lighting/brightness/contrast

Can anyone walk me through what these settings actually do, in layman's terms? I want to make it so the player's uniforms don't glow in the dark so much. Can that be done?
  2. Catalavos

Level Design Barrikady Territories map package question

So, I'm fiddling with the SDK a little today (it's raining, what else am I gonna' do?) and I noticed that the package for this map doesn't exist when I try to "Load External Packages". I'm guessing this is because the map isn't finalized yet and the SDK hasn't updated with the new package...
  3. Catalavos

Level Design Free to a good home

Gents, Here are some projects I've been working on that I won't be needing anymore. These are the raw, un-brewed files and you're welcome to do whatever you would like to them. Some of the file names won't make sense to anyone but me so I've included a short description of each map to help you...
  4. Catalavos

Level Design Later, dudes

Stick a fork in me, I'm done. After spending far too many hours trying to make maps that don't get played I've finally reached my breaking point. I'll likely stick around and comment on stuff and share the useless knowledge that's stuck in my head but I won't be opening the SDK any time soon...
  5. Catalavos

Level Design Island of Misfit Toys-Failed Maps

Hey, We all have a failed map or two (or 20) laying around in our Unpublished folder, right? Show them off here. Tell us what you think worked or didn't work and why you dumped them to start another map. I'll post some of my stuff tomorrow when I have some more free time.
  6. Catalavos

Need some warm bodies to help me test TE-Nomadskaya today

Hey all, I have a rare opportunity to play for the next few hours and want to see if anyone can join me on either the Army of Northern Virginia/Clowns server or The Crucible server to test out my Nomadskaya map. If you can't play now, leave a time you might be available later today. I'm at GMT...
  7. Catalavos

Looking for some map testers

Hello all, I'm wondering if we could get a map testing group together to help the few remaining map makers get some game time with real, live players. Something really informal but detail-oriented. If you think this is a cool idea drop me a pm or add me on steam. Please include the GMT that is...
  8. Catalavos

RO2 New custom map added today

A new combined arms map for you to enjoy/hate http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=103235
  9. Catalavos

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Nomadskaya

Link:http://www.mediafire.com/download/g7yqdavbjy1yoqt/TE-Nomadskaya.roe An Arad-inspired, combined arms map from your pal, Catalavos. Not exactly a re-make but not exactly not a re-make either! I did the whole thing from memory and likely got a bunch of stuff completely wrong. But who...
  10. Catalavos

Level Design Overhead map not displaying properly

My overhead map isn't displaying properly when in-game but in the editor it looks fine. It seems that when in-game it displays at a different resolution and only the upper left corner is displayed in the map window. Any ideas? As soon as I can get it working y'all will have a new map to play.
  11. Catalavos

Level Design Let's talk about draw calls

What are they? How is the total number of draw calls in a scene calculated? How can I reduce them without greatly altering my map layout?
  12. Catalavos

Level Design Foliage question: HOS vs. RS

I don't know if I'm the first to think this but it seems to me that the foliage (trees and bushes) performs much better in RS maps than HOS. By performance I mean that there doesn't seem to be as big a hit to FPS when compared to HOS maps. Can anyone else offer any opinions or observations on...
  13. Catalavos

Looking for some advice on computer monitors

Not necessarily game related but I am going to be buying 2 identical monitors and I'm looking for some advice from you guys who know more about this than I do. Screen size would be between 21.5" and 23" and my budget is $300 for the pair. Not looking for simple links to Amazon or Newegg but...
  14. Catalavos

Level Design Fluid Surface Actor question

I feel so stupid right now. I can't remember how to increase the size of the fluid surface actor. It's stuck at the default 2x2 grid and I can't remember how to make it larger.
  15. Catalavos

Have the powers that be decided on the games next move yet?

Several months ago, Yoshiro told us that if we wanted to be able to experience the next big thing in the RO2 franchise we would have to buy/acquire Rising Storm. Haven't heard anything about it since. Well...?
  16. Catalavos

Level Design Question for a terrain wizard

Howdy. I'll try to keep it short-I want to know if I can export a heightmap of a terrain with DrawScale3D of 64x64x1024 (1024 patches) and then import that heightmap to a new terrain with a DrawScale3D of 128x128x1024 (512 patches) and have all the hills, etc... show up in the same places...
  17. Catalavos

RO2 Instant ammo switching in tanks needs to be fixed

As the dev's say that they weigh their decisions based on public opinion and feedback, I thought that this would be a good poll to put forth. It is my opinion that the instant switch of tank ammo types is the second-most nonsensical, arcade-ish, completely BS feature in the entire game* and...
  18. Catalavos

Level Design Optimizing for performance-your tips and tricks

Hey guys, Just want to pick your brains a little for some help with optimization. Aside from hiding things behind hills I'm pretty much in the dark when it comes to getting better performance. I'm especially looking for tips on how to get trees and other high-poly stuff to look good both close...
  19. Catalavos

Level Design Lighting build failed-Apparent Lightmass Crash

I started doing some more work on my TE-LittleSaturn map today and I'm unable to build lighting because it seems that the Swarm Agent or lightmass is crashing. I get the "Destructable Not Lightmapped" error on every StaticMeshDestructable and the same goes for pretty much every other object in...
  20. Catalavos

RO2 Come test drive a new combined arms map this evening at 7:00pm EDT

That's right folks! Be the first kid on your block to play my map, Little Saturn! Set in the winter of '42-'43 this liberal take on the ROOST favorite, Arad, features combined arms play that emphasizes cooperation between tanks and motorized infantry! Explore wide-open steppe, rural villages and...