• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. S

ride able tanks [Merged]

Sorry to lower the tone, but COD2 had tanks with AI riding on them :)
  2. S

Extremely weird looking muzzle flashes

The trouble is with things like demo's and pre-release screenshots is that they are always shown in the context of it being a "pre-release build" and "does not represent the final product". How many demos ive played over the years which have a "this demo does not represent the final product"...
  3. S

Extremely weird looking muzzle flashes

The flashes don't look good for sure. Lets hope they either get changed or removed before the final release.
  4. S

Ragdpll physics?

Source based games like Team Fortress 2 and L4D have some brilliant looking ragdoll technology. With Source physics, the bodies have a certain weight to them that just feels "right". Ive seen ragdolls done in other games and they just look bad. Even Crysis' ragdolls looked poor to me, very...
  5. S

Ragdpll physics?

Hi, Just wondered if ragdoll physics have any kind of implementation in this game? Cheers, Ben.
  6. S

From PC-Battlefield fan

Yep, im an ex-COD1 / UO player who is looking for a PC game worth my time. Call Of Duty now is a console centric franchise, so ive pretty much abandoned that now (never purchased MW2 and wont purchase Black Ops) so i'm looking for a epic, 64 player, massive map game like in the good old PC days...
  7. S

As "hardcore" as ARMA2?

Thanks for the responses. From the sounds of it, it does sound like the kind of game I can get into.
  8. S

Muzzle flashes: realistic or not?.

I've often thought this. The movie-style fireball at the end of the barrel is not really realistic at all. Maybe on a minigun or something mounted on a black hawk, but not a regular rifle or handgun.
  9. S

Battlefield refugee

Another PC Battlefield/COD1/UO refugee here. I thought I might try this game to get my (more realisitic) FPS kicks.
  10. S

As "hardcore" as ARMA2?

Hi guys, I was (still am in a way) a big fan of the first COD PC titles, and have also put hours in on BF2. Not really been a fan of the COD series since they went all MTV on us since COD4. However I took the plunge and bought ARMA2, and whilst I like the game and what its trying to do, I found...
  11. S

How to get into the beta?

I would very much like to be considered for any kind of RO2 beta. If anyone has any details or anything then please do PM me. Many thanks, Ben.
  12. S

How far along are we?

I have beta tested a few games over the years, and provided (hopefully) good feedback. If there is any kind of beta application, I would appreciate being considered. Kind regards, Ben.
  13. S

Sound engine?

Is there any information on what kind of sound engine or sound effects technology we can expect in RO2? I know things like EAX are probably now out of date and no longer viable, but just wondered what was happening for sound, as its obviously a very important part of the experience? Will there...
  14. S

developers please confirm or deny a console version.

Isn't there a new FPS game released on consoles every week? Do they really need another one?
  15. S

Mounted guns confirmed?

What about Call Of Duty: United Offensive? That had bipod mounting MG34's and 30 Cals.
  16. S

PAX Audio Interview with Wilsonam

Nothing, I was just making comment on general sound design. EDIT; my apologies, I made comment without listening to the interview. I misunderstood the meaning of "audio interview" as I was thinking it was an "interview on audio".
  17. S

PAX Audio Interview with Wilsonam

I found that Company Of Heros had an amazing audio experience, especially the reverb effects, really really surprised me that an RTS could have such an authentic sound design. I hope that RO2 can emulate some of that.
  18. S

New Screenshots (including snow)

And I think I can count on one finger the amount of times these things change in the final gold copy. People always say "its not finished yet", but when the finished thing comes out, it looks exactly the same, just like those exclaimers before game demo's, "this is not a finished product", but...
  19. S

It shouldn't really matter how close the "camera" is to the texture. Anyway, it looks as though the "camera" is the same height as that barrel over on the right, so that "camera height" is the same as someone either standing or crouching within the map. In Crysis, you can have your nose up...
  20. S

I don't think they are too bad really. What I think the locations could use is some detail layers in the textures. An effecient way of making textures look better when close up. This texture work here looks quite low res...