• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Z

crosshair convert

Well, yeah, RO's current system that allows the gunpoint to move within the screenview is just like in Operation Flashpoint. If you enable it in OPF, the crosshair moves freely within the view to show the actual point where you're aiming. And, no, I'm not asking for it either; crosshair has no...
  2. Z

RO Mod News

This mod sounds most awesome. I'd heard of the Burning Sands mod before, but merging these two very promising mods: that's gonna be huge. Keep it up guys. :)
  3. Z

VOIP Icons..sure do miss them..can we have them?

I fully agree with the OP. I don't think it would take anything away from immersion, but it would certainly reduce confusion in regards of tactical communication.
  4. Z

Booster pack changes

And not even that subtle; they're using the term "Booster Pack", which (when it comes to computer games) isn't really used by anyone but EA and their Battlefield series. And their Booster Packs certainly aren't free. ;)
  5. Z

Next Update

I like everything I'm reading here. The screenshots of the new map look sweet, the prone and EAX fixes are much appreciated and you just can't make a WW2 tactical infantry simulation without smoke grenades. Perfect. This game rocked already at its first version but you guys just keep making it...
  6. Z

Another DoD: S Free Weekend

DoD:S Free Weekend Preload has begun. For those interested. :) (more)
  7. Z

incremental steering

Analog joypad and/or joystick support would rock when it comes to driving!
  8. Z

VOIP Indicator

...which of course should apply to whether or not you hear the voice at all anyway. :)
  9. Z

RO Box a little, err... unprofessional?

The dark cover was just given as an example of a presumably better alternative (it's a custom cover art dug up from an old thread). This is the real retail cover art, used globally (and that's the one the OP discussed):
  10. Z

beta file system

If you're going to experiment with it, simply move the cfg's to another location, and don't remove them until you're sure of what's needed and what's not needed by Steam. (Just a friendly advice :))
  11. Z

And even more improvements!

Haven't tried the beta yet, nor have I had time to give the 1007 version a run either, at all. Nevertheless, awesome work, Tripwire. My load times used to be unacceptably long, and I appreciate this file system change very much. :)
  12. Z

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 Patch 1007

Looks like a solid patch. Good work, much appreciated. :) (I'm a bit short of words or brain activity currently)
  13. Z

ROOST at E3

Because in "reality", your rifle is clipping inside ground, but that doesn't reflect the HUD. In the picture, your hand is approximately at the level of the dead man's nose. :p
  14. Z

92 points in Finland biggest Gaming oriented magazine!

Can't you check? I'm interested as well.
  15. Z

Advert GONE off steam!

That "advertisement space" (which in fact is nothing but a jpg file) in the middle of http://steampowered.com/ is made to be viewable in Steam when you start it. If the picture was made larger, the Steam window should be resized really large to show them all at once. I never liked the forced...
  16. Z

Advert GONE off steam!

There's limited space on that front page, and they don't want to clutter it with a million ads. Naturally they give emphasis to newest and especially their own (Valve) releases. Darwinia is gone as well. Whether Shadowgrounds is good or not has nothing to do with this... I do believe RO makes...
  17. Z

Random Reload Animations

Agreed. There are hardly any games with such a feature, and there are other more important things to "polish" in RO. It would be cool, though. :)
  18. Z

The Continuation War

You must feel so alone with your opinion... :p But hey, make a Romanian mod! :) (disclaimer: I really don't care which battles will be modeled by Tripwire themselves if the level of mapping stays as high as it has. As long as the missions are thrilling and immersive, I'm more than happy.)
  19. Z

92 points in Finland biggest Gaming oriented magazine!

They always list some cons along with pros, and honestly, "Graphics could be better" isn't 'bitching about the graphics'. As you could see they still took graphics only for what they are, and that didn't do **** to worsen the final score. Most people I've seen agree that the graphics in RO...
  20. Z

Slowing down exit from Tanks (merged)

Even 5 seconds or so to get in/out would be a great improvement in terms of realism - but i guess for tanks 10-15 seconds would be pretty much right. Also you shouldn't be able to jump out of a moving vehicle...