• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. ZeRoY

the horror of modern FPS

In fairness this depends a lot on the resolution in use as well as Chat on/off. Better yet, plya Hardcore servers and very very little is left on the screen. For BF3 that is.
  2. ZeRoY

Level Design Question on converting to static mesh

Awesome, thanks!
  3. ZeRoY

Level Design Map slow in UDK means map slow while playing?

It may have a FPS impact in game, best way to know? Try it :D
  4. ZeRoY

Level Design Snapping meshes directly upon adding

I would imagine the meshes in question to be the problem, have you tried with others? Is your Snap Grid on (Bottom right corner)?
  5. ZeRoY

Level Design Example Maps

A good idea - especially for setting up those tricky gametype :D
  6. ZeRoY

Level Design BSP vs. Static Mesh

Defo should avoid using too many BSP, especially wouldnt use them for anything detailed like rims, window/door frames, etc .. all that would have to be Static Meshes
  7. ZeRoY

Internet is Weird

What port would that be, then?
  8. ZeRoY

SDK is updating

Havent checked this update just yet but have the cooked packages been unlocked now so we can create new maps or...?
  9. ZeRoY

October 6th Update Changelog

Great! Time to fire RO2 again :D
  10. ZeRoY

The Unofficial Red Orchestra 2 SDK Wiki

Well its not that straight forward :p -- I host this wiki on a server, its not a pre-install package i had to install the portal, backend DB and all the plugins. Are you planning on getting a Domain name and hosting for this?
  11. ZeRoY

Stats Reset Coming

Stats? Ranking? Didnt know there was any :rolleyes: In reality, I cant care less for stats and rank - Good work on this TWI nonetheless!
  12. ZeRoY

The Unofficial Red Orchestra 2 SDK Wiki

Looking good. Personally i would have gone for MediaWiki, its much more flexible in what you can do and brilliant for Modding Wiki, see the Wiki I maintain currently for COD: http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php/Main_Page If you decide to go MediaWiki route and need help, just shout!
  13. ZeRoY

RO2 and why I will play BF3 more

I think this thread has to be the biggest display of idiocy by some of the RO2 supporter in this forums. BF3 is in Beta, RO2 is released and anyway, you cannot compare the 2 shooters, i dont think its a fair comparison for all sorts of reasons. The entire thread should be locked as i cant see an...
  14. ZeRoY

RO2 and why I will play BF3 more

The only troll i see is you my friend, the OP makes some perfectly valid points. No wonder a lot of players are walking away with the same old Elitist attitude from some in the Forums.
  15. ZeRoY

[Question] Have pavlovshouse been optimized lately?

Try to add this to Steam RO2 Launch option, its UE3 stock command, untested: -NOTEXTURESTREAMING Disable texture streaming. Highest quality textures are always loaded.
  16. ZeRoY

[Question] Have pavlovshouse been optimized lately?

Do you not use the low-medium-high detail for Static Meshes? At least it would remove smaller details for LOW config and keep them for higher? Also I would say that the performance issue are in major part due to UE3 Engine... Having looked around for a "generic" tool to allow for switching...
  17. ZeRoY

Level Design SDK is finally relased!

For Stock maps, John sure wasnt joking... I have 4GB RAM, flying in Fallen Fighters takes up to 3.2GB for the Editor... But it works. Still, i need more RAM!
  18. ZeRoY

RO2 SDK Preview Release

Its greedy in RAM guys! But great :) - Thanks Ramm :D
  19. ZeRoY

Doesn't Get Past the Splash Screen...

It would, this config has almost everything turned off! May as well play RO1 :D
  20. ZeRoY

Doesn't Get Past the Splash Screen...

This was working for Homefront, another UE3 game, try it! *untested* And of course make sure you have updated your graphics card drivers, DirectX and PhysX and that you run the UE3Redist EXE as Administrator!