• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Zerethon

A Word From The Trader

i'm sorry, but reading that review doesn't help me at all, rather, it just makes me angrier. "Look how much we've done! microtransactions are totally alright to add now!" No. They're not. I Feel i need to keep bolding this point: THE GAME ISN'T FINISHED YET Microtransactions are never the...
  2. Zerethon

A Word From The Trader

Here's my problem with this, cosmetic only or not, they still had to build the entire "drop system" and the Zedconomy functionality, make all the new art assets for it and the various crates (Even if players made the skins) and all that Bull. Instead of making assets and things for the actual...
  3. Zerethon

A Word From The Trader

Actually, i take back even the molecular level of hype, as i mis-read part of the post. You added random chance crates. We're not even out of early access and you're already adding CS:GO/TF2 levels of dumb BS instead of finishing the actual game that much faster. Pull the plug, take this off...
  4. Zerethon

A Word From The Trader

As long as it's cosmetic only and doesn't alter gameplay in the slightest, you'll get a tiny, MOLECULAR-level amount of hype from me. The second it's a copy of killing floor 1 with seven versions of something identical taking up space in the trader (rather than pre-choosing our skins) and...
  5. Zerethon

Microtransactions the taboo.

the "Zwei issue" is the same issue the paid for/crossover weapons in KF1 had. If they're not more useful than the stock weapons, why bother getting them? This is why microtransaction weapons suck. if they're purchase-only and not better than the stock weapons, nobody buys them (Leading to them...
  6. Zerethon

Well, TF2 was originally a Buy-in game, so when crates first rolled around, they were not exactly welcome. But now, most F2P and microtrans games do these god-d--n chance crates/boxes/bins/bags with some exclusive crap in them and they drop like candy. (Neverwinter/DCUO Lockboxes, GW2 black...
  7. Zerethon

1. What is your stand on Micro-transactions as a whole? I F-----g hate them in most games. ESPECIALLY if the game was a full retail release game. 2. If you had to make the decision KF2 to have Micro-transactions - would you do it? However, in regards to 1, i'd allow KF2 the microtrans on one...
  8. Zerethon

Endless wave mode

i like this idea. the main thing though, as we all learned in KF1 from poundamonium/Chainsaw mutators, is that just swarming the players with heavies does not work. especially against a skilled team. Perhaps some mode-unique mods are in order? Basically super-powered versions of the regular...
  9. Zerethon

Testmap perk boosting patched? why

Whitelist did not stop people using cheatengine or whatever in KF1 because it only affects maps/mods. It won't stop them here unless they were to keep all the data serverside or something. If someone wants to cheat, they will find a way, it's sadly just a part of any game with progression...
  10. Zerethon

Post your PC & suggestions for "KF2" PC Case Mod

Mine's Years old and i've run ~4 different builds in it at this point and it's still going strong. Built like a tank. Can't wait to see how your progress goes once you start building this!
  11. Zerethon

Post your PC & suggestions for "KF2" PC Case Mod

I feel like the Biolabs/Horzine tech idea is probably the best for a KF2 related build. I mean, story-wise it's where and why it all began, so it's pretty much the signature at this point. As for my personal build, nothing fancy case-wise, a basic system in an NZXT Nemesis Black case to run...
  12. Zerethon

I don't think it counts bonus XP at all from any source, just Raw XP from the normal kills and things. i went basically 23.5 (~13,500xp in of over 26k) to just over 24 in one game as demo despite only earning roughly 9k XP More or less, 1-5 is fairly slow, once you pass 5 it speeds up...
  13. Zerethon

Playing "Hardcore" (One perk only, not changing for anything, only using perk weapons, etc.) on hard+ it takes maybe 8 hours unless you get a ton of terrible teams and/or aren't good at adapting to the perk itself. Out of the 2 new ones, firebug is derpeasy to level, demo not so much. While 8...
  14. Zerethon

Just tested it, as i have a copy of the testing map. online, the actor factory grants 0 XP, so testingmap servers don't give XP at all Offline, it seems to still work, but you have to modify the map spawners and things to deal with some of the changes in the newest builds. took me about 10...
  15. Zerethon

Would you like to see more real life or sci-fi weapons in the game?

Something i'd love to see, expanding on this, is a gun with a unique mechanic to it's function, rather than just an effect So say, instead of a weapon with a magazine, it has something like a 200-round pool of ammo, but each shot builds up heat, effectively limiting the length you can fire it...
  16. Zerethon

Would you like to see more real life or sci-fi weapons in the game?

We're killing clones made by something resembling the boss from Dead space (The clot mother in biolabs) Giant dudes with meat grinders for hands, and a crazy nazi scientist in an exosuit, among other things. Anyone who doesn't like the odd Cobbled together or Sci-fi weapon because they'd prefer...
  17. Zerethon

WWAUT - A Quick Fix

Vampire skill is terrible. Considering you can solo the waves without it, and then the scrakes, with no real issues because of Fort. Now if vamp was something situationally ridiculous like +3hp per headshot (Not 3hp per headshot kill, but just 3hp on hitting the face) it might be something...
  18. Zerethon

WWAUT - A Quick Fix

The problem is you have to Balance fun and difficulty over fun and function The problem right now, for say, demo (My main squeeze, obviously enough) is that the perk -Functions- Well, and is good at what it does (F****** up scrakes and big hordes) -BUT- it's not fun to play. the only time it's...
  19. Zerethon

WWAUT - A Quick Fix

Don't forget, they added HOE to KF1 for a reason. People complained suicidal was too hard so they made it easier and added HoE at old suicidal. With proper tactics, any difficulty is easy. Aside from hans i can completely dick around in any game on any map and be more or less totally fine But...
  20. Zerethon

WWAUT - A Quick Fix

Berserker/medic aren't the problem. At all. it's the fact that other perks are far less powerful compared to them. Medic has a solid spread of ammo & reload efficient weapons, great healing and survival, and can pretty much keep anyone alive through any reasonable fight no problem. (By reload...