• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Undedd Jester

The notion of perk roles

I believe the argument is not against the teamwork to take down a big Zed, its the lack of any tactical understanding to take down the big zeds. It is simply everyone point your highest DPS weapon at it and fire... and that stems from the problem of classes all having homogenized weaponry...
  2. Undedd Jester

The notion of perk roles

Of course there were those of us who condemned KF1 for poorly defined perk roles as well... after certain updates which shall remain nameless...
  3. Undedd Jester

What are your Role Expectations?

Medic: Heal anyone who loses any HP. Everything else: Kill anything that moves, and focus fire big guys when they turn up. Classes all have the weapon versatility to tackle pretty much everything on the field. Roles are very poorly defined. Yeah sure some classes are better than others at...
  4. Undedd Jester

Tripwire, the current state of HOE

Let them screw up their gaming experience if they want to. They all lose interest when HoE hands them their *** and everyone is raging at them for having all the intellect of a portion of bullcrap and chips. A whitelist is too much effort to maintain and isn't worth the time investment. Course...
  5. Undedd Jester

Please reconsider Cysts and Slashers

I don't get it... people keep saying variations in zeds of the same type would be a good thng, then people start complaining that the variations aren't different enough... Seriously, the phuq guys?
  6. Undedd Jester

This Berserker nerf is absurd.

TWI need to settle on an audience to be honest. Either make the game tough as nails for everyone to survive without help, with hard defined class roles, where players really struggle to fight beyond the realms of that class role unless they are the absolute creme de la creme of their...
  7. Undedd Jester

Why is knife advertised as new weapon...

All I will say, is that each knife has its own custom artwork. Therefore 1 knife != another.
  8. Undedd Jester

Medics restore armor at full life.

*Old man voice* Why back in my day, you couldn't even repair armour in the store. We had to buy a brand new armour jacket with our hard earned moneyif we wanted maximum protection, at full price! Features like this kill the game for me... but it is Tripwires game, they can do what they please...
  9. Undedd Jester

Microtransactions the taboo.

I don't understand the hatred towards micro transactions. They are fine as long as they don't impact the balance of the game or give players an advantage over one another. Purely cosmetic content is absolutely fine for a game, and I whole sale encourage it. Customisation is a luxury, a feature...
  10. Undedd Jester

How do you like the current balance of KF2?

You are not wrong at all, that is what the game stepped away from. I'm saying I felt the game was much more of a game when players couldn't be the oneman saviour of the team without a great mix of skill, experience, and a whole lot of luck. You think it is a shame that they can't finish...
  11. Undedd Jester

How do you like the current balance of KF2?

Don't really want to type an essay, but the short and skinny of my post is I don't feel like classes are well defined. Just like KF1 after a few key updates, class weaknesses were pretty much compensated for by it's strengths, and while some classes still do better than others at certain...
  12. Undedd Jester

The Killing Floor story so far...

Few points you may want to revise/think about: - - Kevin Clamely was CEO of Horzine Biotech Ltd, the company actually belonged to him. - The gorefast/bloat/crawler/stalker/husk/Scrake/Fleshpound were expendable super human soldier projects, which Kevin and his team of scientists were...
  13. Undedd Jester

So... "timbosperktraining"

Sadly the reality is that preventing people from boosting their perks using this method is nigh impossible. TWI, or indeed any developer, cannot spend their time playing every community map looking for exploits, and they can't get players to do it, because we tried that and that model is equally...
  14. Undedd Jester

Berzerker is OP now, so how do you want to fix it?

Ah the old foe of balance. Call up that 1 case or example where the trend doesn't match and claim that the trend is broken and untrue. You guys sucessfully dodged the point that it is easier to survive with a Zerker/Medic than any other class. Does this mean they always win? No. Does this mean...
  15. Undedd Jester

Hoping for more Zed origins.

Nice summary :) The specimens are all derived of human DNA, but they are not a clone of anyone specific, they are entirely artifically created lifeforms created from scratch, with the exception of the Clot and Siren, which as you say are modified clones of Kevin Clamely's son and wife...
  16. Undedd Jester

What would exactly be wrong with literally just carrying everything over?

Plus there is the whole KF1 being a shadow of its former self issue... it's like which stage of the games development do you emulate? I know my vote, but I'm is a serious minority... of 1 I think.
  17. Undedd Jester

Anyone else getting pissed by husk suicide move?

As a pre-buff Zerker, I got caught in this move a lot. Yes it is rather infuriating... but that feeling when you spot it just in time and get out of the way... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqz5dbs5zmo
  18. Undedd Jester

Why does the sirens scream destroy medic grenades?

It's in the art book, on the very last page :)
  19. Undedd Jester

Why is the concept of "Teamwork" so hard to grasp?

Ah but you see this is the core of my argument going back to defined perk roles. Players are jockeying for kills because they can, they don't give you any money because they don't have to. It is that simple. Someone was exploring the idea earlier where players resent one another for taking...
  20. Undedd Jester

Why is the concept of "Teamwork" so hard to grasp?

Agree with you totally, although I've seen the same pattern in numerous games that used to have great teamwork: - - League of Legends flooded every position with gold so every position can carry now (Amoung other equally dumb gameplay decisions), so everyone just plays carries now... no more...