• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. D

So does this mean a Linux port?

RO2 is the only thing I rarely still boot into windows for. That being said, if they port it they should do it well. I realize drivers on Linux aren't up to par with their Windows versions yet, but both Killing Floor and RO1 run horrendously on Linux for about everyone I've talked to...
  2. D

RO2 gg is what's missing (campaign mode?)

Yeah, this has been brought up since the RO2 beta, one of the first things that irked me in RO2. Don't hold your breath :D :( Someone should make a "papercuts" list of annoying but not life threatening things that should be fixed in RO2. This and death on weapon/role changing would go to the...
  3. D

Everyone loves a good debate... PC Gamer Article

My response to the article is best encapsulated by the reddit comment quoted by melipone (http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1190912&postcount=35) and the destructoid response. It's silly complaining about getting honest feedback you asked for yourself from a "focus group" (2...
  4. D

Small ammount of players

Just wanted to drop in during one of my increasingly rare visits and commend Sarkis amongst many for bringing some of the main issues to the fore. It's hard to precisely formulate why I'm probably never going to be playing RO2 as much as I've played RO1 over the years, but the most accurate...
  5. D

What We Are Up To - Barashka

The problem with the current way of placing spawn points is the common routine of ending up in a "Protected Area", having to throw all thought of cover, tactics and realism to the wind and haul *** back towards that imaginary line that separates you from life and death, just to die half a second...
  6. D

Turn off battle chatter ability by WebAdmin

My preferred way of handling this would be everyone controlling what their own character says, themselves, like ross etc advocate. I think people are confused by the label "client side", but the only "client side" thing involved would be the setting to stay silent. Setting it off server side...
  7. D

Admin Turn OFF Battle Chatter

I agree and support this suggestion very much.
  8. D

Coming soon to this theater: Colored chat

Awesome, keep up the great work! I'm amazed that this wasn't given a higher priority by TWI, since it directly influences the ability to coordinate a team. And since it seems like you're having quite a bit of progress doing it as a mutator I can't entirely believe the "it's not that easy" line...
  9. D

Map doodles

I don't see how that's an argument when everyone can choose to hide it, it could be just pre-made arrows being stretched and placed around, and since every feature is "subject to abuse".
  10. D

Level Design Lightmass crashing after completion

Also make sure to always have all the packes in the content browser "Fully Loaded". Right-click on the External category and press Fully Loaded until it's greyed out. Do other maps also crash? Try a very very simple one. If not, it's something about your map.
  11. D

Map doodles

Yeah definitely for it. I recommended it before in other threads. Would be great, especially if you can easy drag and point simple arrows that scale and transform, removing the need to be able to draw competently. Make it hideable for everyone. Doubt it'll happen, but hey.
  12. D

Level Design Lightmass crashing after completion

Try deleting you cache, go through the folders in the ro2 folder under Documents/My Games and look there. Make sure you don't delete your map though, it should be under Unpublished/Published iirc. Most of my recurring crashes are solved by deleting various gunk that somehow accumulates.
  13. D

Level Design Falling through terrain

This happens to me mostly on mamayev, I think when proning, leaning while prone. It's also happened to me on Station when being sniper and naturally proning/crawling a lot. I think it's just a general bug in the game involving terrain and clipping.
  14. D

Wheres our promised mac red orchestra 2?!?!?!?!?

Well. in case everyone hasn't heard about it yet: http://blogs.valvesoftware.com/linux/faster-zombies/ tldr: L4D2 is faster on linux than on windows, and even on windows it's faster with OpenGL than D3D9, with 315 FPS on linux and 270.6 FPS on windows with D3D9 and 303.4 FPS on windows with...
  15. D

Hardcore Realism Suggestions Package and Proposal, to Tripwire, modders and community

I think the poll should say "Do you want an 'Authentic Mode' as described in the OP." Maybe people want an "authentic mode", just not this one. Not a very helpful set of choices imo. But I guess everything that's been said in this thread, has.
  16. D

Simple change to SLs TLs in Territory

I agree, there should be a noticable change in capping balance when a TL and even SL's enter a cap. Right now squad leaders are simply smoke machines and spawn points, both of which often aren't used correctly. Weighting their cap stronger might make other players more aware of them and...
  17. D

new beta download

Have you set a minplayers=32 for instance? open <mapname>?minplayers=32
  18. D

[Error] Artillery and Recon not coming off cooldown.

What I have had sometimes is calling down recon and it either not coming or it being comfirmed (and used, greyed out) but it doesn't actually work. This seems to mostly happen when you're at the radio (not in the M map, but using the radio) and waiting for the recon to come up again and...
  19. D

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Gumrakstation

They are hairy, but they do work. You need to stand still in front of them and you'll automagically snap onto them.
  20. D

Level Design Editor crash when loading map.

I had this happen too and found the "solution" by accident. There should be a FAQ for crashes and work arounds.