• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. F

Classic vs Realism

Had posted in the wrong thread in the middle of a dispute , so i deleted it and post it here as advised by Comrade Kaiser : Personally , i find "realism" running speed too fast ... a conscripted soldier of the red army was nothing more than a citizen with standard of fitness that were not...
  2. F

Poll: More Countdown-Maps for Classic-Mode

I like it too , it reminds me the sleepless nights playing coops in 'Hidden and Dangerous 2' several years ago , you also had only one life , the rounds lasted about 10-15 minutes Coutdown is not very popular though , patience and discipline is required , radio comms are more important...
  3. F

Silent Nagant

1895 Nagant revolver with silencer. - YouTube
  4. F

Classic vs Realism

Great post Randy Newman , i fully agree with you , i hope the Tripwire team reads you , if new community maps are readily accessible and easy to integrate , it will guarantee a much longer life span of the game and cohesion of the community
  5. F

Unplayable maps in Classic

It's true that Grain elevator and Commissar's houses are quite difficult for the attackers , but that is in 64 player servers . Although as has been said in Grain axis can smoke left side heavily and storm the building and in commissars , allied team need very good tankers , seize D and...
  6. F

Unplayable maps in Classic

The zoom for the MG is supposed to simulate the fact that a machine gunner would have a spotter (with binoculars ) and loader most of the time in real life This said , i do agree that the zoom is perhaps too deep , but i support the fact that a MG gunner has a better visibility than...
  7. F

How to enchance Team play?

There is also the strategic map : you can see where your teammates are in real time : check the blue dots , even in classic mode that is technically a GPS technology in WWII ... which is already more than enough of a concession IMHO I would hate a "Robocop" style of display with icons...
  8. F

How to enchance Team play?

The thing is that winning by depleting reinforcements works well in several maps , you always need some lonewolves behind enemy lines or on the flanks , some MG campers to secure areas , a solitaire sniper and several riflemen denying the enemy some key positions in the map (which could hurt...
  9. F

[Game] Dishonored

The game is multiplatform , it has to run on a xbox and ps3 with less than 1 gig of ram , so i would forget about "large populated cities" "all buildings explorable" etc ... Also looking at how Skyrim hasn't got a single true innovation on Morrowind despite coming 10 years later and how...
  10. F

Anyone have any tips to offer to a new player?

My tip would be to join a server in spectator and watch the experienced players , it gives you an idea of how to proceed , you can follow players individually in classic mode (without getting kicked for idleness ) and perhaps in other modes but not sure Otherwise , just play again and...
  11. F

Classic vs Realism

Well after a week of play now i find myself playing mostly Classic , i changed my mind cause i noticed there is usually better team coordination in classic and i get a better experience using bolt rifles , also suppressing fire seems to work better as they can't escape like rabbits and...
  12. F

[Game] Iron Front: Liberation 1944

The patch released improved things for me , in term of performances online , that's a good sign , it's also nice to see they released it quickly , it doesn't fix everything but a step in the right direction . The rifle sounds are much better now too .
  13. F

Yeah , as i said initially , Iron Front will really become a reference game in at least 8 months to 1 year ... (when Arma2 went out , it was buggy as well , took the devs quite some time to smoothen it ) Currently it is simply unplayable for half the people who bought it , feels incomplete...
  14. F

[Game] The "what are you currently playing?" thread #2

this last week , mostly Red Orchestra 2 , Arma 2 with ace , Iron Front 1944 and Shogun 2 TW . Oh and Chess of course :)
  15. F

So far i'm at mission 3 of the German campaign , i think the campaign is allright , but quite challenging , you are basically a recruit rushed into the front at a time of a complete retreat of the Wehrmacht , at the moment we are behind enemy lines with 8 infantry soldiers (now we are only 6...
  16. F

The first fps game i played with a cover system was Rainbow six Vegas (arcade game of 2006 ) . Not sure they invented it , there were probably other games with a cover system before that i'm unaware of . It was third person cover system though , not first person if i remember well
  17. F

I have bought Iron Front 1944 yesterday as i'm a long time Arma player Honestly , it's not really a threat to RO2 because the experience is vastly different , Arma is more of a simulation of a large scale battlefield , it's much slower and the emphasis is on strategy , awareness and...
  18. F

[Custom Map] Arad 2 Tank Version Released!

Amazing , i can't wait to try that one , a legendary map ! :IS2:
  19. F

Infantry weapons that should be added for Red orchestra 2

Yes , i second the idea of Holy Death , the Molotov cocktail and the Flamethrower would be a great addition to the gameplay
  20. F

Realism Vs Classic

Yes , if you hit the body near the centre of it , it's usually a sure kill now in realistic (with a bolt rifle at reasonable range ) . But my impression is that it is even clearer in classic mode