• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. H

Grenade sounds?

Cheers, Any chance that we'll see more umpfh in the grenade sounds from Rising Storm compared to the weak ones in RO2? Im not necessarily advocating realism in terms of sounds but more of a fearfactor. I preferred them in RO1, large blast radious and ringing all over if you were close to a...
  2. H

Does anybody actually want the progression system?

It is very discretely implemented in ro2 anyhow so its hard to even care about it imo. If anything then I mostly just find it annoying due to how its presented.
  3. H

RO1 vs RO2!

Not to be the one but if you think ww2 was all about speed as portrayed in ro2 then you're quite out of the book. The battles in ro1 is usually far more realistic in phase than what you experience in ro2. Sure you've the occasional house-to-house or cqc which indeed was very clunky in ro1 combat...
  4. H

RO1 vs RO2!

Not sure but for me personally it was a bunch of things that you may find unrealistic when actually comparing to real life, but which made the game itself more realistic in Ro1. First of all the fog of war was a great limitation, many hated it but i thought it brought atmosphere in ro1 and the...
  5. H

Automated voiceovers really kills

Probably discussed a lot but i was surprised to see these are still in the game after such a long time. It's nothing but annoying to have your character automatically reveal his position all the time. The idea that the system is "smart" doesn't really add up, had a blast last night playing but...
  6. H

Only 2 servers showing up in Darkest hour

This is a real bummer, Ro and Dh is one of the most atmospheric and realistic ww2 shooters ever. If it fades due to this its just sad, while Ro2 is good in its own right it doesn't compare to the original in terms of realism,netcode and atmosphere. Verifying any sort of files locally for ro &...
  7. H

Possible new tactical shooter project

This has been the issue people being ignorant and failed to understand what is really going on. Sadly the project will trip just outside the goal line, and no he didn't count Graw as hardcore tactical shooter, the game was/is meant to be a spiritual sequel to the old rainbow six and swat 4. The...
  8. H

"What we are up to" - Feb 3rd edition

What lost confidence? Ro2 was never meant to be Ro1 with better graphics you know.. Tripwire still did a great job on RO2, its just a bit sad that the launch was a bit bugged.
  9. H

Consolidating the game into one mode

If you prefer to see the game go down the locked-down-path, then see Modern Warfare 2 for a prime example of what happens. Players have no control of anything, no modding or customization-capabilities it was a complete disaster of the franchise and ruined it after cod4. One mode only doesn't...
  10. H

Mod Release - KF Gun Game v. 0.50 Alpha

nice , thanks ramm
  11. H

About "RO2 Dying"

That is a fun video that is so true for the industry today, however it isn't for ro2. Seriously that video fits perfect for how the BF, COD , Rainbow Six etc franchises has turned out, Ro2 is still very much a true pc oriented game based on a lot of skill. That video just doesn't apply to ro2...
  12. H

Why are there tanks in 5v5s?

Server settings, nao stop complaining about it. We finally get a game were we can tweak and alter stuff server side and all people do is complain and moan, now find another server with preferences that suit you then ffs or if you prefer a locked-down game you can visit any other recent release...
  13. H

TWI, you remind me of Bungie.

Lol @ fail statement, it doesn't try to be a bf game at all. Did you even play RO1?
  14. H

The power of rifles rounds

This is the worst suggestion i've seen in quite a while, seriously you want to nerf the bolts? The bolts are perfect as they are and the should certainly pack-a-punch and kill with one shot. (You trade quantity for quality/range)
  15. H

[Question] Rendering, (objects coming into the world)

Description/Issue: So when you go about your daily business in the game you'll eventually run around corners etc and entire tanks, objects and sandbags pop into existence just meters away, giving you a clear view through something you shouldn't have seen. For instance on apartments you can...
  16. H

How do you deal with people shooting over your head?

This is not an issue with the game itself, its an issue with people.. some people love to be douches and utilize these kinda system to piss people off. Just run away , switch team or move to another server, or if it was an accident don't whine.
  17. H

Proper servers.

Stop acting like a baby.
  18. H

Best/worst feature

I like a lot in the game(guns, characters movement, sounds etc), but things that stick out as annoying is the automated voice system. I've been killed/detected countless times due to my character screaming out unnecessary voice lines, also an automatic respawn function would be nice so that you...
  19. H

What a horrific game!

You really can't see how foolish you look with your initial statement?
  20. H

First Patch Coming Today

Hell no, The netcode is extremely poor on the Frostbite engine.