• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. waddler

What type of maps would you like to see

Voted for all, but i'd be happy with just inf and CA, as long as there are tanks in the game then custom mappers can make the tank only maps they want (not that a lack of tanks would stop them, I guess. It would just take longer while someone mods them in :D) Personally i'd like to see at least...
  2. waddler

best infatry map rotation? and WHERE IS GORLITZ?!

Can't comment on the map lineup, havent played in a while, but here's a link to Gorlitz: http://www.redorchestra.pl/plug.php?e=maps&mtype=sch&sch=gorlitz&x=GUEST
  3. waddler

Warhammer 40k Skins & Models

I'd quite like to see a 40k mod based around the Guard, to my knowledge the only one that includes them is one for BF2 (or possibly 2142, i forget), where they're thrown into the fray with Space Marines and Tau. Also you could swap the Hunting Shotgun with a Plasma Gun and the Lever Action...
  4. waddler

3D & Animation 3d Tutorials

There's some reasonable introductory stuff on here: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Category:XSI I know its Source related but the modelling process is pretty much the same, only really starts to get different around the export stage (or possibly the animation stage, it's been a while...
  5. waddler

Steam Achievements: Coming to RO. Soon.

Loader: Resupply any ammo requesting Machine Gunners 5 times in one life. Dutiful: As any non-AT class, destroy a tank with a scavenged PTRD. Supportive: As any non-MG class, kill 15 people with a scavenged MG. Overwatch: Kill 5 enemy soldiers inside an actively contested capzone whilst...
  6. waddler

Final Map Orel Enhanced

I'm afraid I've yet to play this map online, though it looks like an improvement from the editor, so I can't really comment on how balanced things are, but how about adding a few t34/85's as mere placeholders until some kind gent decides to release an SU-122 or somesuch to beef up the russian...
  7. waddler

The Wild Bunch & TWI's 50 player test server II is now online

/un-lurk /un-lurk Seconded :D /re-lurk
  8. waddler

Over 10 new maps and increased player limits for Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45

Ahhh Ahhh Thanks for clearing that up Byte Me, it sounds like a much better solution now (and I agree Jokerman, it does seem a little off when your bullets impact six inches to the left/right of the end of your rifle's barrel, although that being said I'd be prepared to accept even that if it...
  9. waddler

It doesn't see quite that bad, it's just a case of moving to the left or right (whichever way you're trying to lean) by about a foot in order to find the spot you can fire effictively from, and on most occasions I find that by the time I've found that spot an accurate enemy rifleman that doesn't...
  10. waddler

If it's the same fix that appears to be running on the TWB 50-man server, and it hasn't been updated or anything, then it doesn't appear to change the avatar's viewpoint, but does change the point from which the weapon fires, so you can lean and peak with relative safety, but should you fire...
  11. waddler

The Wild Bunch & Tripwire Interactive's 50 player test server

Just finished playing, was running beautifully for most of the night, even with 60 players, up until Lyes Krovy when it started to get a little nasty. Chugged a little on Basovka at the start aswell, but soon smoothed out. It's now back up and running all standard maps at 50 players max, on...
  12. waddler

The Squad leader with just a pistol....

So I'm guessing that a compromise like Rifle + Pistol's out of the question then? Personally I'd agree with reducing the SL's CQB ability and chose the reduced ammo option; he should be a valuable asset to the team rather than another ramboing assault trooper. It's a shame that such measures...
  13. waddler

STALKER Mega-Thread; Clear Skies are Coming!

Thanks for the hints guys, I shall keep my eyes open for these things next time I play.:D Though that may be a while, I'm giving it a rest for a few days. It's a great game and all, but it seems to be getting a little repetitive. I just left X18 and I feel like I'm either hauling loot back...
  14. waddler

The Wild Bunch & Tripwire Interactive's 50 player test server

Seconded, it's a nice idea but all it seems to be doing is kicking people for using words containing the smaller, censored words while the people who want to swear anyway just bypass it with poor spelling.:rolleyes: Other than that, just been on the server and it's running mighty fine...
  15. waddler

STALKER Mega-Thread; Clear Skies are Coming!

I second that recommendation, a beautiful film. Although, whilst I picked up on the obvious inpirations (the use of bolts to find a safe path, characters named after professions etc..) I must confess the thought of the characters used as inspiration for the 3 major factions hadn't occured to me...
  16. waddler

I Want I Want I Want!!!!!

I don't think it's really about score as such, at least not only about the score, especially as the rings would be lost with that specific tank. It's more about adding a bit of personality to the tank, and the ability to spot a talented crew/gunner on the battlefield. Although it may be more...
  17. waddler

MG ammo

+1 vote, great idea. I reckon a guy who runs to the other side of Basovka to keep the rapidly-emptying DP28 firing is far more deserving of 5 points than some guy who taps a key at spawn to give an Mg34-er an ammo belt he can't even carry. Would also be awesome, though you can already sort of...
  18. waddler

Commander Choice Of Grenades

Generally, I'm in favour of choice and it would be nice if the SL could choose their nades, but I have to agree with melipone, it seems best as it is. Too many people use the SL role as the last assault trooper, and giving them the option to use F1s or 39s would just add to this (tbh if the...
  19. waddler

The Roll

A fair point, I agree that too much focus on personal "skillz" may make the game seem a little off, I remember reading some threads concerning Ostfront's upcoming release in other forums where people were put off of buying RO because according to them the mod was all about the RO vet's accuracy...
  20. waddler

2 questions

ahh ahh I had a feeling some of that stuff was unused, and I didn't even think of the bots. Thanks for clearing that up Yoshiro. Guess this means REZ is absolutely correct, which is kinda reassuring. It's nice to know that it's my own darn fault the other guy's still alive, it means with a...