• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. rossmum

Nazi Zombies

This thread inspired me to see Outpost - not bad, the atmosphere was certainly there. If some of our mappers could produce a similarly creepy, decrepit bunker, I think we'd be in business...
  2. rossmum

3D & Animation A little something I've been working on

I should be able to cut it down a little without losing any detail; as well as that I'm going to use LoDs to maximum effect, so it looks good close up but as it gets further away the polycoult decreases dramatically without sacrificing too much appearance-wise. By the time it's more than about...
  3. rossmum

Slight update: Redid muzzlebrake (may or may not be final), redid hinges on loader's and commander's hatches, redid cupola, periscopes, removed side skirts pending better ones, changed ventilation fan for turret crew, changed turret hatch handles. The tricount stands at 33,000 or so and is...
  4. rossmum

Record single-grenade kills

I think my record stands at 5-7, I never really kept track... I did see one absolutely beautiful TK nade though, something like 7 or 8. Guy got killed while cooking one off, friends were all bunched up, made quite a mess.
  5. rossmum

This is why I like the Orad Real Forests Mod

Ah yes, the joy that is knocking out a tank by sniping the lone-wolfing commander... bagged myself a T-34/85 the other week the same way. Stalking tanks with Panzerfausts and stalking tanks with sniper rifles are probably the two best parts of RO for me.
  6. rossmum

Add a delay, or a moving animation when you switch positions in a tank !

You have to realise that not everyone on the usual public server is going to be of the same skill standard, and as much as I value teamwork, I'd rather not get in a tank with someone who I know is either completely oblivious to commands or who cannot hit a stationary T-34 at less than 500 metres...
  7. rossmum

Skirts are next, then I'll see what I can do about the muzzlebrake. I've still got more exterior details to add, but the tris are really starting to count; there's a good chance I'll use a slightly less detailed version in RO, or use this for when the player is very close or zoomed right in on...
  8. rossmum

Tactics StG44;Auto or Semi?

I treat the StG as the holy grail of infantry weapons (and this coming from a sniper type who is extremely reluctant to move closer to their enemy than absolutely necessary), because it more or less is. It's the perfect compromise. If I see one lying around, no matter which side I'm on or what...
  9. rossmum

3D & Animation Booleans

Mate, I'd give boolean a miss if you can avoid it. It tends to do ugly things to your mesh, it's best used very sparingly and only once you've built up a lot of experience - and even then, you're better off using something else. I usually just end up drawing in the faces myself, sometimes...
  10. rossmum

My only gripe about the game.

I usually base my own level of communication on how much effort the rest of the team seem to put into it (or rather, how interested they are in actually being a team). If nobody's saying anything and people are just off doing their own thing, I'll occasionally suggest something via text chat...
  11. rossmum

Yeah, I think you're right - will fix that. Also redid the main gun mantlet as it was a bit off and added in the little guard that covers the co-ax between the front plate of the turret and the mantlet, and I might end up adding in the guard over the gunsight hole as well. Will re-render it and...
  12. rossmum

Slight update - the hull MG bulge and loader's periscope were off, so I fixed them up a bit. Also fixed towing hooks and rounded out the mantlet. Still got driver wheels, skirts, and detailing to do; engine deck might need some work too.
  13. rossmum

Divided we fall? The future of RO.

I've noticed that DH is really only really playable for me at certain times, so I've been playing more or less an equal amount of RO and DH recently. It seems a lot of other people still do as well, because about half the people I was playing DH with yesterday were all playing RO later in the...
  14. rossmum

WOW, thanks for the link!
  15. rossmum

Map Voting: Get Rid of It!!

Perhaps rather than disabling votes altogether, some of the more overplayed maps (de_dustzig, cough cough) could be disabled on the votelists for servers with custom maps. Kriegstadt and Pariser Platz are, in my opinion, the best two maps in the game; I also love Lazur. I've played Kriegstadt...
  16. rossmum

Without time limits?

The 'advance force' thing makes the most sense, and some maps have their own variations - say for Odessa, where if the Germans hold the map, then they have the chance to be evacuated by sea. That said, there are some maps where the combat can become rather static through the sheer brutality of...
  17. rossmum

Zeroing

Given that it seems unlikely we'll see fully adjustable sights in RO anytime soon, is there any chance a patch could be whipped up which adjusts the zeroing for the weapons? As far as I can tell, everything in RO is zeroed for... well, zero, and with some weapons that makes long shots hard if...
  18. rossmum

Hearing

Would love to see this added, it might be a minor detail to some but it's a minor detail that RO sorely lacks, especially as a fairly realistic game.
  19. rossmum

I use 3DS Max 8 (9 was incompatible with a few programs used for getting custom models into Halo, which is where I started modding in earnest). As for the number... as far as I know otester made one, Cpt. Obvious made both variants, so I think this is #4.
  20. rossmum

3D & Animation Volkswagen Typ 82 "K

Absolutely beautiful, now the Russians will learn to fear this as much as German tankers have to watch out for suicide BA-64s :p Can't wait to see the finished product in a working map.