• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Question] Anybody have any ideas...?

foxy0116

Nov 2, 2010
Hi, have just joined the forum as I'm having some major problems with RO and DH...Basically I can not get either to launch but up until yesterday they worked fine!!!

I have checked the integrity of the cache on both, both are succesful. I have un-installed and then re-installed both ( a pain in the rear end! ) but I am still getting this following error..

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2256 MHz with 2046MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX (8618)

ReadFile failed: Count=0 Length=603245 Error=Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

History: ULinkerLoad::Serialize <- TArray<< <- TLazyArray::Load <- 0 <- FSoundData::Load <- TLazyArray<< <- USound::Serialize <- LoadObject <- (Sound voice_sov_infantry.Artillery.deny03 7205888==7205888/24133841 7205427 603706) <- ULinkerLoad::preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Core.Class ROEngine.ROSPECIES_Human NULL) <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- CacheParseLine::players <- UxUtil::CacheLoad <- UxUtil::CacheGet <- UxUtil::execGetPlayerRecord <- (ROGUIController Package.ROGUIController @ Function XInterface.GUIController.PrecachePlayerRecords : 0013) <- UObject::execClassContext <- (ROGUIController Package.ROGUIController @ Function XInterface.GUIController.PrecachePlayerRecords : 0013) <- UObject::processEvent <- (ROGUIController Package.ROGUIController, Function ROInterface.ROGUIController.InitializeController) <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Cheers,

Foxy0116

Thanks for the help Zetsumei.
Where is the KF system folder? I went into steam/steamapps/common/red orchestra/system but could not find it?
Strangely though I just noticed that the game is in the "common" folder and not the folder with my account name. I am having a similar problem with company of heroes and this too is in the common folder. Could this be why I am having issues? I removed the game last night and re-downloaded but got the exact same error message :(

Upvote 0
Just to add to this I have installed on drive F/: is this likely to cause any problems? I used to run it on C/: but purchased a SATA drive to install all of my games on as my C/: is only a 74GB raptor and was choked with all my steam games. I have managed to get CS:S and DoD running from the F/: drive np, but RO and CoH just would not load. Splash screen and error for RO and absoloubtly nothing for CoH....

Have just removed steam and all games and am dl (again) RO...wish me luck!!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the heads up Major Day.

Steam is also installed on the F/: drive. I have, I think managed to fix the problem now. I had to reformat the drive and so far I have managed to both launch and play RO :D I forgot how bloody difficult it is though :S

I guess this thread can now be locked/closed.

Cheers guys hopefully you will see me online my ID is Spotty_Bollocks or Spider Nipples. If you see me on one of your games say Hi :)

Upvote 0