• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Cross role weapons

Serathis

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
Will there be a small penalty used for using cross role special weapons? Like using an MG or sniper rifle when you are not that role (obviously using SMGs when rifleman shouldn't count, I think all infantry was trained in using them).

I mean stuff like slower or more jaded bolting with a sniper rifle (the screen moves a lot more and re-ironsighting after a shot puts the crosshair somewhere else) or less steady aim.

As for MG, in RO I think the machine gunners had some special gloves. While in RO 1 it was "glued" to the weapon model, in RO 2 it could be role specific. Said gloves could make it easier to change the barrel on an overheated MG since you don't burn your fingers off while wearing the chain glove.

Or something.

When you took another persons MG in roost you didn't carry the additional barrel so you couldn't ever change it. In rohos the scoped rifleman are just marksman not specially trained snipers or anything so I don't know if a rifleman should suddenly be crap with a scoped rifle.

Marksman were still riflemen who were accurate enough to b given a scope, honestly comrade it ain't no joke.

Upvote 0
Afaik, most german soldiers were probably trained on the operation and handling of the MG, since it was what the german military doctrine centered its strength around. I doubt the wehrmacht would tell it's soldiers "hey this one guy over here is your machine gunner, if he gets killed, you squad is S.O.L."

They probably all recieved some rudimentary training on MG's so I think it's safe to say that they could all handle the MG with relative proficiency

Upvote 0