• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hi to all from Soli @ all forum members

SolitarioSoldat

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
USA,Tampa,Florida
Hey guys new dude to the forum here,just wanted to stop by and say hi.

I've been longing to post something here for the past 2 months every since I heard about RO2,havent got the chance since I only use yahoo and hotmail and those are not acceptable....so finally found out Gmail worked fine.

Just wanted to say thanks to the developing team,for creating this game after so many Publishers failing to support the PC gamers and fail to give them a descent FPS to play.

My very first good FPS game I ever played was vCOD and COD UO,was my first ever PC game to play and got impressed,but was the last one to impress me as the time went by.

I have always longed for realistic FPS game but titles such as AMRA and some others by looking at the gameplay on their videos I noticed that tings were mowing slowly,extremely slow,while War is usually like that shooting from a cover and advance very slow,that is a game and they are no real bullets to kill you,LOL.

I like RO2 cause it has all I need from FPS for PC and more,such as the new duck and cover system that I would love to see how it plays out,the only time I've seen this in a 3rd person shooter on youtube,never tried 3rd person game,but would be something fresh to see how it works out in 1st person shooter.Game looks amazing,I dont care if it dont have the most bad a$$ graphics,graphics its not what holds the community together for years,its the adrenalin rush and fun you get while playing with your buddies or just some random peeps,the mods,the dedication from the developers and publisher etc etc etc.

I hope that the good word of this game will spread around which it spreads quite at fast pace,I heard about RO2 on EA EU and USA forums,so I know a lot of people from there cant waith for this beast to be published and crush all the FPS wanna be games out there.I will alwaya miss my very first vCOD and UO,but I know this game will fill up the gap that has been empty for 7 years,once again thanks to the Developers for making such an awesome game and for them being true and dedicated PC players and not just some random developers,thanks!!!

thanks guys for your warm welcome,and sorry I wasnt aware that there was sort of introduction section here,was looking for it but somehow I missed it I guess :eek:

@Miro!

Hey Miro it is true I'm noob to RO in general,but I pick up games styles and paces real fast,in a week I should be able to adapt in general towards the maps and the speed of the game icluding getting the feeling of the weapons handling (power damage,recoil etc),after all I've been plying FPS for a long time,addapting wont be a problem.

I got a question though,how did the first RO faired against hacks,were hacks abused in this game or developers found a way to protect the game files better?
Oh by the way I watched some videos from OS 41-45,wow amazing maps,huge maps,nice vegetation,great layout,great snow maps.

RO2 looks like it will have mostly in city battles and not outdoor like in the mountains,but none the less from the videos I've seen maps look big in sizing,lots of flanking options!!!!

Hope that when in house polishes the mods that will be released as DLC by the modders it will include some type of maps like in OS 41-45.:)

Upvote 0
[...]
Oh by the way I watched some videos from OS 41-45,wow amazing maps,huge maps,nice vegetation,great layout,great snow maps.

i guess u alReady got a steam account Right ?
then my fRiend, why dont u go theRe and buy Red oRchestRa - OstfRont 41-45 for 10 dollaRz ?
Still a lot a people playing in the evenings and nights and still the same fun for me as my fiRst week of play ! And u will play the maps, betteR than watching them on youtube ;)

(this is said with a Russain accent that is why i wrote r like "R").

Upvote 0
then my fRiend, why dont u go theRe and buy Red oRchestRa - OstfRont 41-45 for 10 dollaRz ?
Still a lot a people playing in the evenings and nights and still the same fun for me as my fiRst week of play ! And u will play the maps, betteR than watching them on youtube ;)

Hey I dont have steam account,I for some reason Am a hardcopy junkie when it comes to games....

I've seen couple of places selling RO and RO OS41-45 on ebay and amazon,yes they were for around 10-15 bucks...

here are the questions though:

1.If I buy OS 41-45 do I also need to have RO installed,or it works individually as its own seperate game?

2.I got Win7,can OS 41-45 been installed on it,does it support the new OS?

3.And an all over question,since I've seen RO and OS being sold at amazon and ebay,they should be hard copies right,the publisher actually released hard copies for this 2 games?

Upvote 0
There is only one game, not two. It is called Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45. All the versions (sold on steam, direct2drive, or boxed) are the same and all require a steam account to play. It should run just fine on your system.

Hey dude thanks for the info,so I would of guess if I purchase hardcopy I still have to create steam account and register the game there right?

sorry for the newbie comment about the first RO,when I watched utube vids some of them were marked RO and some were marked RO OS 41-45,so I thought that RO was the original and RO OS 41-45 was a sort of expansion or a sequel to the original ,lol silly me....:D

Upvote 0
ok just bought the game and downloading it now,but besides the OS 41-45 there were 2 more items i think that are being downloaded one was mare nostrum and the other is The Darkest Hour I think,are these 2 seperate downloads DLC with new maps?

I see 3 icons on my desktop regarding all 3 downloads,for example if i want to play against bots for lil practice before MP,I have to press any icon of those 3 for the different maps i guess???...

but how does works for MP,if I want to join MP are all maps from all DLC available trough the RO OS 41-45 icon and I will see all existing servers,or server owners have set up serve for ROOS,darkest hour and nostrum?

lil help will be apreciated,thanks.:)

Upvote 0
Hey dude thanks for the help,but I allready had it figured out,regarding the game this is how it striked me,or what sort of impact left on me:

The game is so realistic I cant deny that,its unforgiving if you try to rush it,lots of gore,its very very challenging,i was only once on the top board of my team with meh around 70 points,idk if thats any good since i started playing last night...

I found the movement mechanics in the game sort of slugish and punishable to any newcomer,like for example when in crouch or prone position would be nice to press just the jump button and be able to straighten up in normal position,sometimes when moving around you need to press or double tap the aim button to raise the iron sight ,wont react on the first attempt,sort of small things like that I found buggy to me.

Other than that game is very addictive,shame not too many USA servers or people playing on them,more of the servers are outside US,overall its a game experience that I have never had before,I kinda have to teach my self all over again about FPS mechanics when it comes to movements,my aiming is right on spot though the iron sight sway dont bother me at all,i pick my shots and move lil by lil from cover to cover.

Love the game,hope that RO2 will have sort of more smooth movement mechanics,this one seems lil rough on the edges,but still loving it...:)

Upvote 0

With a Russian accent like that, all you need now is a miniature giraffe.

Reactions: SolitarioSoldat
Upvote 0
Hey dude thanks for the help,but I allready had it figured out,regarding the game this is how it striked me,or what sort of impact left on me:

The game is so realistic I cant deny that,its unforgiving if you try to rush it,lots of gore,its very very challenging,i was only once on the top board of my team with meh around 70 points,idk if thats any good since i started playing last night...

I found the movement mechanics in the game sort of slugish and punishable to any newcomer,like for example when in crouch or prone position would be nice to press just the jump button and be able to straighten up in normal position,sometimes when moving around you need to press or double tap the aim button to raise the iron sight ,wont react on the first attempt,sort of small things like that I found buggy to me.

Other than that game is very addictive,shame not too many USA servers or people playing on them,more of the servers are outside US,overall its a game experience that I have never had before,I kinda have to teach my self all over again about FPS mechanics when it comes to movements,my aiming is right on spot though the iron sight sway dont bother me at all,i pick my shots and move lil by lil from cover to cover.

Love the game,hope that RO2 will have sort of more smooth movement mechanics,this one seems lil rough on the edges,but still loving it...:)
As I said to another new comer that recently bought RO1, first I say good man, you made the right choice!

Second, RO's movement mechanics take some getting used to -- it's that simple. I've been playing the game ever since the mod days and by now everything feels extremely fluid and natural, but that's only because I've been at it for so long.

Just stick with it and keep tweaking those controls ...

Upvote 0
As I said to another new comer that recently bought RO1, first I say good man, you made the right choice!

Second, RO's movement mechanics take some getting used to -- it's that simple. I've been playing the game ever since the mod days and by now everything feels extremely fluid and natural, but that's only because I've been at it for so long.

Just stick with it and keep tweaking those controls ...

Oh I'm sticking with it alright,how can I not last night I saw 3 eneies lying on the floor,and since i had the bolt rifle only i descided to smack 2 of them with the buttstock and took a risk to attach the bayonette and stab the 3rd one,OMG the way mechanics realisticly works in this game I cant believe my own eyes I was able to get creative like that and actually pull off that stunt,will never forget that,plus that was my game being 1st on the score board with 70 points,couldnt see how many kills I had though-just points:confused: but we won that one.

Upvote 0