• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] STALKER: Call of Pimphat

I downloaded the SMRTER mod for CoP.

For whatever reason, I can't get into it.

Not a whole lot of changes, and the ugly weapon models and animations are still present.

There are a few new weapons, but they still use the awful animations or have none at all.

To top it all off, it runs horrible. Lots of stutters. CoP is picky - one week it runs smooth and perfect, the next it stutters and has awful frame rates.

I'll probably shelve the game and hope that Super Mod Pack is released for it... but I don't think they will release it on CoP.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
if youre talking about the really good one, im sure its on its way. last i remember there were screenshots of it on moddb. pavol or whatever is name is, hes a busy guy.

Stalker Complete by artistpavel

I bought CoP for 10 bucks during the last deal and it's been sitting there uninstalled until this mod comes out. Played the first two with complete as well. Best way to play Stalker fo sho.

Upvote 0
But Stalker Complete is just the original but better in almost every way.

Play CoP stock first.

Then replay with a mod.

CoP is actually done and balanced really well out of the box.

That said, replay SoC with Super Mod Pack V3 when it comes out. The version I have is great.

Graphically, Complete looks nicer... so I might give that a try some day.

Upvote 0
I just purchased CoP, downloaded and installed the Redux mod. Holy crap the mod makes a huge, huge difference. The firefights, everything is much harder, two hits and you are dead, but same goes for the enemy.

Get attacked by wild mutant dogs, better hope you take them out before they make it to you, otherwise you're dead. However, the game being so much more difficult is actually rewarding. Every kill you get, every little mission you complete, you feel accomplished.

Money is scarce, much more so than in vanilla version of the game, so are healing supplies, and so is loot from other people you kill. One guy only had a photograph on him, not counting the weapon he dropped that was in terrible shape with 10 round in it. I mean you really feel like you are struggling to make it by and survive.

Sometimes it is very frustrating though, I had to reload about a dozen times at one spot just to complete the mission as I kept dying, but I think I am getting the hang of it.

Upvote 0
I agree, Call of Pimphat (errrr pripyat) was pretty balanced and bug free out of the box. Whereas Shadow of Chernobyl i felt had the most bugs and brokeness. The other one Clear Sky was so so, i think in that one the faction system was the most F'd up.

Replaying SoC with the STALKER complete mod was pure awesomeness, it was like, "heres this old game that was so broken you quit playing, but now with this it totally rocks". i mean, with the mod, SoC feels like a 49$ game.

Upvote 0
Even though the Redux mod is amazing, I got to a certain point where it just crashes no matter what I do. I checked the forums and this is an issue reported by others, until another patch it released there is no fixing. Unfortunately I uninstalled the mod. :(

Anyone has suggestions for other CoP mods? I installed the SMRTER mod, which is great, but I have a problem with it as well. When I use scopes, they seem to be way off. The round do not land where the crosshairs point, they usually land way of to the right, sometimes way, way off.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with this?

Upvote 0
Even though the Redux mod is amazing, I got to a certain point where it just crashes no matter what I do. I checked the forums and this is an issue reported by others, until another patch it released there is no fixing. Unfortunately I uninstalled the mod. :(

Anyone has suggestions for other CoP mods? I installed the SMRTER mod, which is great, but I have a problem with it as well. When I use scopes, they seem to be way off. The round do not land where the crosshairs point, they usually land way of to the right, sometimes way, way off.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with this?

Wait for Call of Pripyat: Complete. :D

Upvote 0
The thing that kills me with this series is mods. The first game, I believe I played the Redux mod. And it was fine. But in Pripyat, every time I try to use mods there's some sort of big problem I get at one time or another. Ends up in crashes at the exact same point. For one mod it was one place, and for another it was a different place. Ruins it for me.

Upvote 0
Are the weapons balanced and done well? Early on when the game was newer I downloaded a mod that added in weapons in little hidden crates all over...but the only one I ever found was the P90 and it was ugly, had ugly anims, had noises from other weapons and was very overpowered. Basically it was hastily put together...

Well the Redux mod, in my experience is done very well. However as others have reported, it causes the game to crash eventually to the point it is unplayable.

Upvote 0
Super mod pack is a very demanding mod, as it adds a ton of new content. So, unless you have an above average PC, i'd expect low FPS and frequent crashes.

My PC runs it great, not anymore crashes than normal SoC. I am running V 2.3.

I get much better performance in it than I do in vanilla/stock CoP and CS.

If only SMP had Complete's graphics, and if they could port it to CoP...

I hope CoP gets some better mods though.

The performance in CoP is awful for me at the moment, so I lost all dedication to play it again. A lot of stutters, and the game takes a long time to load.

CoP's performance really does seem to be random.

Anyone know what the most demanding settings are?

Upvote 0
I finished Call of pripyat a few days ago and I liked it, I was suprised it worked on my pc, except for the HQs, where my frames dropped to 10 or something and loading the a map took 10 min (srsly). The thing I loved about CoP is the thought of the Zone being alive, quite philosopical(define alive). Anyone know another game with phylosophical questions?

Upvote 0