• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mutator - No ironsights Rifles Only

Does anyone know what a Mutator is?

Seriously? Because this is kind of the point of a mutator. lol. Your acting like I've just said

"Remove ironsights from the game"

Not really, we understand what a mutator is. The thing we don't understand is why we should spend an hour of our lives playing this game without ironsights, when we could spend it playing it with ironsights. =)

:IS2:

Upvote 0
You might enjoy the difficulty =) I have played without iron sights on ArmA and it was quite funny....All of a sudden firefights are born because peoples aims have gone wierd.

There are walls of people facing each other shooting across trying to hit the enemy...You feel very rewarded when you finally hit someone =)

Upvote 0
all you "RO vets" that are yelling at this guy's idea.......it's just a MUTATOR. :rolleyes: (so perhaps this should be put in the modifications section and not the ideas/suggestions section to avoid the confusion)

funny thing, ROOST actually has a mutator like you're discribing: no ironsights and boltaction rifles only. if you have ROOST, you can find the HIPS server in your RO brower, it runs a map fullmj_bolts_only that has the mutator built-in, as well as other bolts only maps.

why would people use a mutator like this? because it's great practice for becoming a beast at hipshooting rifles. "training" maps like RO-arena will help you develop that skill as well as provide an even playing field to see who the better bolter is since everyone is forced to hipshoot and only has a bolt action rifle.

i'm sure somebody will make similar maps or remake this mod for RO2 ;)

Upvote 0
I think this would make for a great mutator =) Bolt action rifles only and no iron sights! This means more bullets whizzing by you...Much more sense of danger and ultimate skill!

-

Comments on this mutator?

What about your own ideas for simple mutators? =) Nothing too fancy otherwise it may as well be a mod and not a mutator!

Why would we want to play like that when the fun is actually using iron sights? If you don't like them then go play DOD:S.
30kr7v9.gif

Upvote 0
Again...Mutator....Not main game. Hello? Anyone?

-

I'm going to knock your house down now and make every room have a wirly fun spiral slide that leads in to another room. Its not something I would want to live in 98% of the time.

I'm not going to play this mode 98% more than the games "Original realism". Most of the mutators on killing floor arn't even used.

Hence...MUTATOR. Small changes to the game which you can load up for funsies. jeesh

-

Free...free stuff....

and by the way....Surely it should tell you if there is a mutator loaded up before you join the server =p

Last edited:
Reactions: Moyako
Upvote 0