• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Show global statistics in steam?

the issue with a maps won ratio is that a high maps won ratio purely means you had a lot of luck. And it will lead even more to people preferring to play on the easy side of a map, and basically clan stack.

I rather have people boosting their personal ego with a k/d ratio than always play with unbalanced teams.
In that case i prefer no stats at all.

Upvote 0
I'd like to see in RO2, something similar as the statistics in TF2.

for example, number of total players killed, objectives captured, kill/death ratio, tank kills, games played, rounds won... etc etc etc.

I always wondered what are my total statistics in RO. So I think it would be nice to include something like that in RO2

no. who cares? this isn't bf or cod.

Upvote 0
Ranking list based on how many caps you have taken,
would be best. :)

That would boost people to try to cap objectives, instead
of camping in corner.

If there would somekind of kill stats only those which
are made on sniper role should be counted, as it fits
those sniper role.

So snipers and tankers got own eliminateing stats
and other roles compete only in capping stat list.

Upvote 0
Personally, I think Steam Achievements are quite enough for the ego boost.
I'm just not one for K/D ratios, wins, etc. At least not for games being played for the fun of it. Its not something I can put my finger on, but to me it seems that published stats steer people toward "playing for the stats" and not for the team or for the fun. And there will always be the debate of which stats should be kept, which should be shown and/or which are more important or meaningful. Now, if a tournament wants to keep stats for the tourney, or if third party databases or individual servers want to keep stats (like we did in early CoD or MoH), that would be fine with me.

As I don't care about stats per se, if they're added I really wouldn't care as I don't think I'd ever look at them. But I'd just hate to see the fun of a team accomplishing a victory over an oppenent tainted by quests for stats.

And then there are the stat hackers or exploiters.
And weren't some of the early server problems with AA3 (and BFBC2?) from in-game updates to a database server?
The logistiics of keeping stats would have to be considered, too. I'm sure its not something you just code in. There's a good deal more involved.

Stats just seem to be a whole lot of trouble for such little benefit.

I'd also like to see the total death toll of the "online" war. Lets see how long it takes to surpass the real war =P
I agree that a running tally of the body count for each side would be interesting indeed.

Upvote 0
I don't know, I have bought L4D pack for 7€ 2 days ago, and seeing all that info haven't affected my game at all. But I found a nice addition to have them, so they gave me the idea.

I always had extreme curiosity for all that information while playing RO... How many people I've killed since I first played it, how many times have I died. Not as an objective to set for myself, but as info to satisfy my curiosity.

Also, what is wrong with people wanting a good K/D ratio? it will increase fear of death and decrease suicidal charges, if anything, it will make it more realistic.

Still, I don't think that will make the people change the play style any more than the leveling system will.

Right now, I don't see people in RO:OST playing for achievements, almost no one have the majority of them. I have tried to farm Johnny on the Spot, giving ammo to the MGers tho, but I don't think I ruined anybody's game doing so. (Maybe the enemies)

In the end... who cares what people play for?, as long as the game system is well made, you shouldn't notice, the game will also be good enough for people to play just for fun and not to achieve stuff.

:IS2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
every shooting game out now pretty much has stat tracking

I would like this game to be the one...that focuses on the gameplay. Lets be fair, the gameplay in this game is ALL THERE. It doesn't need stats to keep you playing.

-

People won't get angry if they don't get "YOU SUCK" written on their house because of lag.

-

Secondly, I've always been good at shooting games. And you know what? You...and me...should have to prove in EVERY game that we are a good player. But not only by kills...but by all those other things that make us skilled players. communication being one of them, teamwork is another.

Other players around you should see you play, see you be "amazing". Not have to look at a scoreboard to go "OH WOW THAT GUY DERPED 19 GUYS"

Last edited:
Reactions: Stormer
Upvote 0
I'd like to see in RO2, something similar as the statistics in TF2.

for example, number of total players killed, objectives captured, kill/death ratio, tank kills, games played, rounds won... etc etc etc.

I always wondered what are my total statistics in RO. So I think it would be nice to include something like that in RO2

[url]http://noomix.ytmnd.com/[/URL]

Upvote 0
every shooting game out now pretty much has stat tracking

I would like this game to be the one...that focuses on the gameplay. Lets be fair, the gameplay in this game is ALL THERE. It doesn't need stats to keep you playing.

-

People won't get angry if they don't get "YOU SUCK" written on their house because of lag.

-

Secondly, I've always been good at shooting games. And you know what? You...and me...should have to prove in EVERY game that we are a good player. But not only by kills...but by all those other things that make us skilled players. communication being one of them, teamwork is another.

Other players around you should see you play, see you be "amazing". Not have to look at a scoreboard to go "OH WOW THAT GUY DERPED 19 GUYS"

Why does everything have to come down to this stupid "You suck/noob/owned/whatever" mentality? Most of them will stay away from the game anyway.

What does the scoreboard have to do with this?

I just wonder how many thousands of people I've killed in my 6 years of playing RO. and I'll surely wonder the same thing in my upcoming years of HOES (if I'm still alive for its release).

I don't want to prove anything to anyone. If it makes you feel better, personal stats could be private, so people can't boast about them, I don't care.

I just don't see how this is gonna be worse than the scoreboard present in the current game.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueSmiley
Upvote 0
Why does everything have to come down to this stupid "You suck/noob/owned/whatever" mentality? Most of them will stay away from the game anyway.

What does the scoreboard have to do with this?

I just wonder how many thousands of people I've killed in my 6 years of playing RO. and I'll surely wonder the same thing in my upcoming years of HOES (if I'm still alive for its release).

I don't want to prove anything to anyone. If it makes you feel better, personal stats could be private, so people can't boast about them, I don't care.

I just don't see how this is gonna be worse than the scoreboard present in the current game.

+1, I wanted to reply too but I didn't know how to explain it but.. yeah..you did it. Thanks.

Upvote 0