• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

In-game downloaded map manager

It's something I wished had been in UT-engine games for a long time... something to let the user permanently save or delete custom maps that have been downloaded during play without having to exit the game (and all the wonderful waiting fun that follows that).
I agree. Does anyone even know where the map files go that KF downloads from servers? If i knew where they went i could just start every so often throwing the map files into my maps folder so i could save them for future reference.

Upvote 0
It's under the Cache subfolder. Go into the cache.ini and look at the lines on there, rename the files referred to accordingly, and move the renamed files to the Maps subfolder after deleting the entry in the ini.
Wow. What a long and tedious Process. I actually can't find some of the files in the cache folder that are in my cache.ini, whatever, i give up. =D I thought it would be a lot less work than that.

Upvote 0