• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FireBug Additions

IMO the only feasable ideas would be the phosphor nades for the M79, and the flare gun (WTF mod)

But the N-LAW sounds pretty bad-arse :D

But adding firebug capability to every weapon just seems a tad pointless, and as Akame pointed out, it'd be underpowered.

Although i would like to see a modified variant of the WTF mod FTII in standard KF. :)

Upvote 0
I was thinking to an alternative firing to the flame thrower... It make the player unload the gas tank for throw it, then, someone ( the firebug or someone else ) must shoot the tank before he run out of gas( 10s if it's a new one ? ).

The explosion will depend of the gas left in the tank. I think, a maximum loaded tank will make the explosion range up to 7-10 meters.
Great idea! The flamer needs a alt fire, and that sounds like it fits the bill.:)

Upvote 0
Great idea! The flamer needs a alt fire, and that sounds like it fits the bill.:)

Maybe except for the COLLOSAL waste of ammo for what would effectively be an equivelant for a LAW explosion. And of course dropping it with only 1-30 fuel for a explosive effect would just be exploitable, silly and unbelievable. I find Firebugs hit and run style fits perfectly into Killing Floor as is.

Other perks are overpowered, Firebug is a shining example of a well balanced perk. So I'm still adamant what the Firebug really needs it a lower tier weapon for low level players who can't afford a FT.

My personal suggestion is a powerful blowtorch: -
- Hot blue flame for higher DPS (Can cut down individual foes well, but groups are harder)
- Cheap (Low level Firebugs can still afford it)
- Can't ignite the player (Very helpful for low level Firebugs)
- Lightweight at =< 4Kg (Still has use for higher level Firebugs [Ammo + Cutdowns])
- Only works in melee range (puts the Firebug closer to the firing line)
- Takes 1 or 2 secs of sustained fire to ignite ZEDs (Can't really be used for hit and run)

This weapon gives more versatility to the Firebug WITHOUT making him overpowered. Which I think we can all agree... we are all pretty tired of seeing in perks.

Upvote 0