• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor in class...

Nope, back in high school, our exams would be late in the afternoon.

Never bothered to open my book.

Our school is half a mile from a pub, we'd ( the whole class and section of my batch) go there in the morning and play until there was 15 minutes left right before our exam starts.

When did i learn? on the way to school, half a mile + jogging + book open, on the way to school right before our exams. Oh and it wasn't just me, it was a whole batch lol.

Don't worry, right now i'm in college, and we got a pub in here. We play during breaks a lot. When u start bunking that's when it starts becoming a problem :p

Upvote 0
Nah, i'm in computer sciences myself and we all do the same :D

Trackmania nations is quite popular, as is quake3 and UT2004. We had this epic 12vs12 UT2k4 instagib team deathmatch once :D Teacher asked why everyone was so tense.
And if we're in a classroom where the network infrastructure doesn't allow gaming (one .11G router for 20+ peops ...) someone in front center would just get a big laptop and play a movie with subtitles :)

But if you feel like you can't keep up then it might become a problem :p

Upvote 0
Computer Science :D Well the computers at my school can't handle KF but I mean o: Games on an emulator while cussing out everytime I get shot/hit/die + Mapping for KF works for me :p

I mean it's prolly fine if you have all your work completed since the teacher doesn't usually move on with new things while everyone else (except you and a few others) are done with work o:

Upvote 0
That's just awesome. Our highschool computers could not handle games. Crappy macs could barely handle typing on a wordpad app. Teachers had their towers in the classrooms but was strictly for teacher/school use only.

Although, one day when we had a school club day(Forced to go to school but no classes, just a day for clubs to recruit,etc) I brought a PS2/SNES and my history teacher brought his 360 and we had something similar to a LAN party in the classroom for a couple hours. When principle came, we changed the channel and pretended we were watching a PG13 movie, when she left, we would go back to fragging in GOW and playing street fighter etc. :p

Upvote 0
I met one of my longtime friends (been 11 years now) because we were playing Quake 1 on lab machines in an EE class we had together.

My advice as an older (wiser?) gamer:
All things in moderation. Game hard now and you'll game less later. Game in moderation now and with some planning you'll game far more later..

Don't let grades suffer or you'll find yourself in a job that doesn't let you buy the latest video cards all the time.

If the class is that easy to you then talk to the professor to knock it out early (ask if you can skip ahead to final project). You can then take the whole class hour to play :)

Reactions: Sammers and slavek
Upvote 0