• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Something BIG thursday?

Hah! Called it on a bunch of those features (NPC tank crews, 1st person interior for gunner, in-tank spawning, commander position*). Guess great minds think alike :IS2:

This all sounds pretty awesome, and I'm really looking forward to it. I do enjoy team tanking though, and feel it'll get even more rare with lockable tanks and a penalty to infantry numbers on CA maps.

I'll put this in the suggestions, but I hope there will be incentives for team tanking, like the for manual bolting. I think ROOST already has a speed advantage on the reloading when team tanking. Something along those lines, speeding up reloads on the main gun even more, or speeding up MG reloads. Of course that requires speeding up the 1st person animations, so that might not be feasible.

*If you're in a fully crewed tank, is the commander position separate from the gunner? I hope so, as they can really help with situational awareness and direct fire.

Upvote 0
That is absolutely beautiful.

Only one minor complaint: teeth. For some reason the models' teeth just really stand out in a weird way. IT's the same with a lot of CGI work, for some reason. I can't really explain what it is.

But the movement looked a LOT better than it did in the footage from Gamescom. Still a little rough in the transition from living / walking / running to falling corpse, but not something you'll probably have time to notice in-game.

Spraying body parts: fantastic.

And tanks!

I can't wait for 2011.

Upvote 0