• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Community Content Network (KFCCN)

slavek

Grizzled Veteran
May 4, 2006
UnrealEd: Viewport #1

A topic in other threads sparked an idea. As said by other users, KF Players are "fragmented" between sites. This makes it harder to spread information, more specifically, word on community content.

This results in many mods/maps going unplayed. While some of this is because some players only play on whitelisted servers, others may just not play because they do not know the content exists.

I would like to suggest a Community team that could help spread news and connect the various fansites and forums. As we connect with more communities, members from those communities can join the "Team". Eventually, we could have a working network that will enable players to be informed about the latest stuff no matter what websites they use.

Last edited:
Reactions: HalfDemon and Nin
I'm not too familiar with podcast. I was just thinking of having group members try to get connected to different community sites/forums. Then when any significant news arrives, we can post it and we will be able to get word out efficiently to other communities via their community members or a forum post.

Note: I made a post on steam forums about the group and the goals and it got locked. No "advertising" at all. I'm glad TWI doesn't censor stuff so bad. :(

Upvote 0
It's standard practice for Human Resources departments to check job interviewees for social networking sites. If you don't want a job knock yourselves out and go ballistic on facebook - just don't say I didn't warn anyone when they apply for that supermarket shelf stacking job and some Pole who can't speak English gets it instead.

Reactions: PvtHudson
Upvote 0
It's standard practice for Human Resources departments to check job interviewees for social networking sites. If you don't want a job knock yourselves out and go ballistic on facebook - just don't say I didn't warn anyone when they apply for that supermarket shelf stacking job and some Pole who can't speak English gets it instead.

If you're not an idiot and don't post things like "LOL HERE IS A PICTURE OF ME WASTED AT JIM'S PARTY LAST NIGHT" it won't be a problem. Facebook is fine for keeping in touch with old friends and family, but a lot of kids use it as a fancier Myspace or another Twitter or something and that's what's killed it.

But yes, this group sounds like a good idea.

Upvote 0
If you're not an idiot and don't post things like "LOL HERE IS A PICTURE OF ME WASTED AT JIM'S PARTY LAST NIGHT" it won't be a problem. Facebook is fine for keeping in touch with old friends and family, but a lot of kids use it as a fancier Myspace or another Twitter or something and that's what's killed it.
Ahahahahah, you know other people can post pictures of you and tag them yeah? I'd see that to be a bigger problem with this case :p

Upvote 0

LOL PRIVACY SETTINGS!

You realize you can block yourself from public searches, make your profile private so that only friends can see it, etc etc etc?

Googling my own real name, the only Facebook results people get are some positive comments I left on a Ukrainian footballers fanpage.

Really juicy stuff -_-

Reactions: Deafmute
Upvote 0