• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will you guys buy RO:HOS if there are no tanks?

Will you guys buy RO:HOS if there are no tanks?

• Yes

Votes: 133 64.9%
  • No

Votes: 47 22.9%
  • Don't know

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • If tanks are added in later

Votes: 15 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would certainly buy HoS without tanks, all I do with tanks in RO is throw satchel charges on them anyways. I just don't have any fun in those slow, realistic WW2 tanks after driving the Abrams one-man death machine in BF2.
I agree. I don't think tanks are fun in RO. They try to tout them as realistic, but is it really realistic to have all these 1 man tankers? They should have just allowed you to shoot and drive at the same time.

Last edited:
Reactions: MEGADETHTHRETH
Upvote 0
I don't think I'd buy the game if it had no armored combat in it. Combined arms maps and tank maps are a huge part of what makes RO stand out from the crowd. Plus, there were plenty of battles outside the city involving armored clashes that should be represented. Just because we won't be using IS-2's and Tigers doesn't mean we can't have fun with earlier period tanks.

Reactions: MEGADETHTHRETH
Upvote 0
I agree. I don't think tanks are fun in RO. They try to tout them as realistic, but is it really realistic to have all these 1 man tankers? They should have just allowed you to shoot and drive at the same time.

In case you haven't noticed, there are usually slots for three people in a tank in the game. While it's possible to solo tank, and while I do it most of the time, I find I do much, much better when I have a friend driving/gunning with me, as you have an extra set of eyes, can move and fire more quickly etc. Tanks in RO and DH walk a nice line between realism and fun gameplay.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.