• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Book recc

Status
Not open for further replies.
See this is where I gotta totally disagree. But not disrespecting you, so don't take it personally.

I think if you don't feel like talking DONT ****ING TALK. Girls are reactive as hell to anything a dude does. So if you just sit there and are comfortable with the silence (read the book+brutal honesty you'll learn how), SHE will try to start getting you to talk. I say let her make the effort, why wear yourself out. Got enough bull**** going on in my life at least to not have to be thinking about small talk on dates.

I knew a dude once who would literally just stare at a girl he liked (wherever he was, mall, restaraunt, club), until she made eye contact. He just held it till she came over and started flirting with him. Try to do that if you're insecure and you're a creep. Do it with confidence and you're a ****ing rockstar.
Gotta totally agree with your disagreeing lol. Too much talking = bad. There's actually lots of things you can say / it matters the way you say it that can make you, I'd even go as far as to say 'control' a girl. Of course that takes quite a lot of practice and experience, but once you got the drill it's fairly easy. Also very important: Never talk like a sarcastic smart-***.

Upvote 0
images

U don't need self help guides you just need liquid courage :p. Only problem is normally I get to pished to even remember talking to them :confused:.

Reactions: DraKon2k
Upvote 0
I've done some of the most humiliating stuff possible in an effort to beat this but it was all in vain.

If you're doing humiliating things to beat your sense of self loathing ...

Well, I was going to say you're probably doing it wrong, but ... hell, I think I'll just sit back and enjoy the show instead.

Upvote 0
Alcohol works pretty good too.

Maybe so, but alcohol is only temporary, whereas real confidence is permanent... besides, alcohol can really work against you. And every guy does it, that hot woman you want to approach has been approached by thousands of drunk guys. You're just another one of those boring, obnoxious dudes if you rely on alcohol.

Honestly though I'm not sure what to make of OP's post, but I appreciate his honesty. Voting down his post is kinda lame tbh. There's nothing shameful about feeling uncomfortable around hot women, in fact: we men evolved that way.:) Feeling that kind of fear is completely natural. 100,000 years ago, when humans still lived in small hierarchical tribes where everybody knew each other (~60 people), men had to be very cautious in selecting a mate. Their lives literally depended on it. What if that cutie you want to pick up is the wife or daughter of the tribal leader, or the most aggressive alpha male in the tribe? He could easily kill you if he found out. Or the rest of the tribe will remember and laugh at the fact that you got rejected, etc... So the fear most guys feel during the approach is kind of an evolutionary leftover, but once you realize this it becomes much easier to conquer that fear.

However, walking up to a girl and saying "you're making me nervous" gives a wrong first impression. If you're talking to her and she asks you what's wrong it's okay to say "Just a little nervous, but I'll be alright". There's a big difference between the two, the first implies weakness and the other implies confident honesty.

Nox, look up a guy called 'David DeAngelo', he's incredible. Some of his stuff is outdated and should be taken with a grain of salt, but he shares a LOT of great info. It changed my entire reality. PM me if you're interested, I can link you up with some of his stuff. It's life-changing material really.

By the way, I'm not a fan of giving 'scores' to women, but I guess it's a good way to let others know what you're talking about. Not a fan of overpainted club girls but to each his own.

This message brought to you by pickup-artist / evolutionary biologist Nimsky. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
See this is where I gotta totally disagree. But not disrespecting you, so don't take it personally.

I think if you don't feel like talking DONT ****ING TALK. Girls are reactive as hell to anything a dude does. So if you just sit there and are comfortable with the silence (read the book+brutal honesty you'll learn how), SHE will try to start getting you to talk. I say let her make the effort, why wear yourself out. Got enough bull**** going on in my life at least to not have to be thinking about small talk on dates.

I knew a dude once who would literally just stare at a girl he liked (wherever he was, mall, restaraunt, club), until she made eye contact. He just held it till she came over and started flirting with him. Try to do that if you're insecure and you're a creep. Do it with confidence and you're a ****ing rockstar.

If it's allready gotten to the point where she's grown bored of him not talking, and it's making him nervous, then it's a little late for that..

Upvote 0
"Self help" books are written for one thing and one thing only, to make money.

Your mate sounds like a stalker he certianly acts like one, dunno where youre from but over here it would probably get him thrown out by the bouncers/security at the least if not a visit from the local constabulary.

Reactions: Discoisntdead
Upvote 0
"Self help" books are written for one thing and one thing only, to make money.

Yes because no one gets any joy out of helping others? There are many people who want to make a change in their life and I think this is a decent place to start. Too say it's some sort of exploitation makes me wonder why there's a taboo on self help books. Even if you only pick up a few things that are useful your personal self improvement it's not exactly a huge investment.

Reactions: LemoN
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.