• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Road to Perdition-Beta

S281

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2009
CA
KF-Road to Perdition-Campaign-Beta4 is now released!

Name: KF-RoadtoPerdition-Campaign-Beta4
Playable: Yes
Whitelist: Chaingun Whitelisted

Authors: S281 & Fel

Division of Work:

S281: Map concept, terrain, geometry(buildings, detail, etc.), and custom textures (most)

Fel: Game play(Zed's), Events(some cinematic and interactive), music, and additional detail

Download: http://www.filefront.com/17475298/RoadToPerditionB4.RAR/

Fixes for beta4:

-Game play is now more balanced
-Further Optimized
-Improved geometry, sounds, lighting
-Even more detail
-Improved layout

Map is divided into several files: The map file, a custom texture file, a sound file, and a music file.

The reason for this:

1: To allow players with low end computers to be able to load and play the map ( A decent number of people were crashing due to the immense myLevel package)

2: There is a lot of custom content and Fel and I wanted it to be available to the community

For install directions read the Readme text file.

Map Description: Taking place during the Fall in America's mid west, players start out on a deserted country road on the outskirts of the City of Perdition. The city has been attacked by Horizine's biological weapons and it is up to you to stop them and kill the Patriarch!

GamePlay:

Beginner: 1-3 players depending on perk/skill level
Normal: 4-6 players depending on perk/skill level
Hard: 5-6 players with level 6 perks/ good skill level
Suicidal: 6 players and a :IS2:

Teamwork is a must for completing this map. Sharing ammo is a must for completing this map.

KF-Chaingun.u: This map features a new weapon, the XM134 (chaingun). The gun was modeled by NoGlory and programmed by Marco. The weapon is awaiting whitelist approval so that perks can be used on this map. There are 2 points of view: first person and over-the-shoulder. Press F4 to switch between them when using the weapon.

Note: While this weapon is free for other mappers to use in their custom maps, they MUST give credit to NoGlory and Marco. They spent a lot of time on it and deserve the credit.

Custom Music by: BlaTtheOrgE

Special thanks to Will for helping test the map constantly with Fel and I.

Shot00028.jpg

Shot00019.jpg

Shot00030.jpg

Shot00023.jpg

Shot00035.jpg

Last edited:
Hello,

It's a pity that this map is divided into several files, because for a simple average player who downloads it for the first time, it is totally impossible and he goes away. Fast download works only for files .rom.

Or you have a solution to download quickly files system - texture - sounds more quickly without putting the files to this location C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Common\KillingFloor

Because it's a pity, I cannot play it only or with another player who put files on her computer, and nevertheless the map countered brilliant...

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hello,

It's a pity that this map is divided into several files, because for a simple average player who downloads it for the first time, it is totally impossible and he goes away. Fast download works only for files .rom.

Or you have a solution to download quickly files system - texture - sounds more quickly without putting the files to this location C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Common\KillingFloor

Because it's a pity, I cannot play it only or with another player who put files on her computer, and nevertheless the map countered brilliant...

Thanks.
Like we said before, but people cant read.

The reason why we have packets is because the MyLevel File was so huge it was crashing EVERYONE (we are talking like 60mg MyLevel). So we had to separate the MyLevel into packets. This also helped greatly with the load time. Otherwise some people would take 10 mins to load the map.

We knew people were going to complain about the packets (cause you guys need to find something to complain about. Its like a compulsion) But we did this so you could actually play it.

Fast download works only for files .rom.

dont know what your talking about. Got all the files on redirect for both servers (not just the .rom), everything works fine

You have to compress the upload the files to the redirect. make sure they are in the according folders in the re-direct as well. (EX: Textures, Sounds, System)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i tried joining the 216 server. waited forever for an animation i already had, to download. then it started downloading foundry? the game was just updated to 1013. is it trying to download the old maps? or are they modded maps?

Yea.... sry wrong version on that sever ill have it updated

I just changed the post for others to know

216.18.220.212:7707 <== Pending

Bottom server i have to getahold of my friend, im not at my main comp atm, ill have him update

Upvote 0
This map is insanely hard man, too hard to enjoy seeing as it spawns such a processor destroying amount of specimens, tone it down a bit lol

It's a mission map so it has to be hard :p. Fel and I have beaten it several times though with a group of 4 players on normal difficulty. It just takes a couple of plays through to get the hang of it as it is not a normal style KF map.

Reactions: Fel
Upvote 0
It's a mission map so it has to be hard :p. Fel and I have beaten it several times though with a group of 4 players on normal difficulty. It just takes a couple of plays through to get the hang of it as it is not a normal style KF map.

We are not going to make it butt simple. The map is a challenge, but like s281 said, we have beaten it NUMEROUS times with 4 players. And my friend has gotten to wave 4 Solo (normal)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its hard because my computer slows to like 2 frames whenever zeds spawn, like at that helicopter crash place with the jets flying above, it spawned like 100+ at once, crippling my computer, il try it with a group of people and see what happens

Oh and i think i found a bug, just in the part after you come off the road, a whole bunch of zeds spawn, so i began to backtrack back up the stairs to try and get back on the road, when all of the zeds that were currently on the map just completely dissapeared

Upvote 0
Its hard because my computer slows to like 2 frames whenever zeds spawn, like at that helicopter crash place with the jets flying above, it spawned like 100+ at once, crippling my computer, il try it with a group of people and see what happens

Oh and i think i found a bug, just in the part after you come off the road, a whole bunch of zeds spawn, so i began to backtrack back up the stairs to try and get back on the road, when all of the zeds that were currently on the map just completely dissapeared

I admit there is some fps drop in some places, but that much, no.

I even got the map to run on my old Computer with 1GB of DDR2 Ram, GeFroce 6600 128MB and AMD Celeron with 1.8 Ghz, on low settings, and I did not get that much fps drop as you.

Upvote 0