• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Incredibly low FPS, on any graphics setting

If i recall correctly like what dwarden asked some of the earlier batches had firmware that wouldn't switch to 3d mode in some games, and stick in 2d clocks mode.

So its worth checking out if you perhaps need a firmware upgrade on your graphicscard. Worth checking out.

What are you settings on catalyst control panel? Tried messing around with those.

Upvote 0
Hi, I stumbled upon this post when I was searching for info about crossfired 5770's. I have had a single xfx 5770 for 5 months. I have killing floor and routinely have 100+ fps. It normally is 120-170 and when I look at the ground it goes up to 270. I play at a resolution of 1680x1050 and all settings at max. Of course I have vsync off or it would be limited to 60 fps. I just hope the fps doesn't drop when my 2nd card comes. But, I just wanted to let you know that not all 5700 series have this problem. At least in my case.

System specs are:
Windows 7 Ultimate
Amd Phenom II x3 720
Ati Xfx 5770 1gb
4gb ddr3 1600

Upvote 0
solution that worked for me

solution that worked for me

Try turning off projectors in the in game display options menu. I can run everything else at max with no big fps hit as long as this is dissabled. Good luck. (sys. specs AMD ph x2 550, XFX ATI 5770, 4gig ram, win 7 32 bit.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
gtx 460

gtx 460

I recently upgraded my 8800gt to a gtx 460 1gb and had major lag issues at certain points dropping the fps from 90-180 down to 1fps running at 1920x1200 using the same settings that the 8800gt had no issues with. Disabling HDR Bloom and projectors seems to have fixed this issue and I can now run everything on High settings w/o dropping below 50fps. :D

Upvote 0