• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A stop refresh button

folken53

Mar 13, 2010
Oh that server looks g- Oh wait no gone,
I'll just click this one.. no **** wait wrong one
Sigh.. how long is this gonna take?

Does this sound familiar?.. if it does then you'll agree, ADD A STOP REFRESH BUTTON! PLEEEAAASE!, hate it when i see a good server, i go to click it, and soon as i do my selected server has scrolled up about 15 places... sometimes it just keep's going n going n going xD, so annoying, Comon, im not asking for new end game bosses or new rediculous and overpowered weapons like everyone else.. JUST A STOP REFRESH BUTTON!

My god. Finally someone with a good suggestion.

forgot about this one.

I'd love the stop refresh button!

When it refreshes and I see a good server. I am about to double click on the server, then it recieves more servers and just pushes the server one tab down, making me double clicking on a different server.

I HATE IT! :p

You got my vote, sir.

Upvote 0
It's been suggested before, as well as other necessary changes to the server browser. Unfortunately it doesn't look like TWI are willing to do work in this area.

Uh.... did you see what the server browser use to look like? It's gotten a complete overhaul compared to what it was like at release.

Personally, I never really have any problems with this since I usually wait for the list to finish updating before I click a server, or if I see one I want quickly, I just click once with the mouse to highlight it (and if I missed, use the arrow keys to adjust) and hit the connect button specifically to avoid that problem.

That said, a stop refresh button would be useful to have, and should be implemented.

Upvote 0
Think of the alternative. There is a stop refresh button. So you click 'refresh.' You see a server you want to join so you have to move the mouse back down to the bottom. Click 'Stop refresh.' Then move the mouse back up to the top and double click the server.

Or just click 'refresh.' Either double-click to join the server or click once and move the mouse to the bottom and click 'Join.'

Just click the server then click 'Join.'

Upvote 0
Or just click 'refresh.' Either double-click to join the server or click once and move the mouse to the bottom and click 'Join.'

Just click the server then click 'Join.'

yeah, but a lot of the time the server list moves too fast and it moves u on to another server before u can move ur hand to the join button, leaving u to join the wrong server.

Upvote 0
yeah, but a lot of the time the server list moves too fast and it moves u on to another server before u can move ur hand to the join button, leaving u to join the wrong server.

If you click on a server, that server will stay selected. I'll admit, it is a PITA when a person is used to double-clicking to join a server. But just click the server then click 'join' and it is all fixed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So I've heard this much regarding server browser suggestions in opposition:

1) I can cope with the browser, and so can you!
2) It's an improved version!
3) I don't want the devs to waste time on this.

In response to these:

Ok, the browser's better!

It's still clunky and unwieldy.
If there's one thing a gamer wants to do, it's to play his or her game, and not spend significant amounts of time trying to find a good server to play on. I guarantee Tripwire that they would have more people playing if it wasn't so hard to just start a game (the guarantee includes me and my friends - all we do is LAN, because it's just so hard to find a good server with the current interface).

I want to have my favorites list actually be my favorites list, instead of servers that fell under 100 ping; added simply because I didn't want to bother having to pick them out from the forever refreshing and moving master list that is still hard to use despite having all the desired filters picked out.

Of course, I can cope with it. I love this game.
However, I would love this game more if the server browser didn't suck so much.

In my opinion, the less time players spend looking at menus, the better.
It would directly benefit all the players: They can start a game faster, and thusly play more games - and thusly NOT be the waste of time everybody makes it out to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Benjamin
Upvote 0