• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Faked Players (Bigger waves)

I'm curious how this mutator works exactly when a server starts to fill up - will the wave size be capped at six man regardless of how many players there are or will it go higher?

Edit: I just tried it out on my server set at five players, but it won't allow more than one person to join. Does using this mutator mean less players can join the game then?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I gather the way this mutator works is, whatever extra players you set it to is actually added to the join limit. which means they are not fake players, but real players that are not playing?

so I suppose "faked players" is sort of misnomer then, I was hoping to get 6p max + whatever else you wanted to add. so that in theory we could jack it up to the 800 zed limit, for 6 players to deal with. I don't see why there would be a problem getting it listed this way, as long as you change nothing that has to do with zed type or scaling, so that we could have sort of an "insane" difficulty above suicidal.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure this will get blacklisted soon since it will allow power leveling on certain maps with bugs. And people will abuse it since it will be much easier to gain exp with this mutator on solo..

Just my 2 cents,
So enjoy while it lasts guys.

Firstly, there is no 'blacklisting' system in place.

Secondly, it's the same as simply playing on a harder difficulty, so I don't see why TWI would remove it from the whitelist.

Upvote 0
It would get dewhitelisted because its perhaps one of the best mutators, actually in my opinion THE best, to have been released that allows you to grind your perks to lvl 6 (except medic). why? its simply because KF has a lot of maps that are either exploitable or easy to get the specimens to follow you in circles. Once a person gets the specimens following, depending on difficulty and how many faked players you have, it can quickly becomes the easiest 100 headshots you will get, and to boot you'll have a lot of money to buy all the fancy weapons so you can quickly pinpoint bigger threats like the husk. The second most effective grind would have to be the Beserker with a katana, and something long range to keep the husks off though it would take a bit longer to lvl than a SS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure this will get blacklisted soon since it will allow power leveling on certain maps with bugs. And people will abuse it since it will be much easier to gain exp with this mutator on solo..

Just my 2 cents,
So enjoy while it lasts guys.

so what you're saying is, that you're smarter and more perceptive than the guys at tw. since they whitelisted this in the first place, and would totally have no clue about exploits. after all the work they've done to set up a whiltelist, and the decision to remove stock mutators.

Yeah but you could just exploit a map on any difficulty and have 2x, 3x, 4x.. the normal amount of zeds.

so why would that have anything to do with the mutator? this is a mapping problem. I think you guys are just confused about the game, and what this mutator actually does. it's the same as if you joined with 2-6 players, and started the wave, then they just suicide or stand around doing nothing. in fact this happens all the time in regular games.

Upvote 0
so why would that have anything to do with the mutator? this is a mapping problem. I think you guys are just confused about the game, and what this mutator actually does. it's the same as if you joined with 2-6 players, and started the wave, then they just suicide or stand around doing nothing. in fact this happens all the time in regular games.

Because you can get way more kills than playing with 5 other players. I perfectly understand what this mutator does and i would remove it because the whitelist is still containing exploitable maps where you are unreachable.

Reactions: YoYoBatty
Upvote 0
i use the mutator and i think there is nothing wrong with having max six faked players but when you have 800 clots/gorefast/bloats in the first wave it seems kinda cheap because its almost as if you have the clot buster mutator enabled which was removed from white listing im certain because of how easy it made to power level. instead of legitimately killing 500 zeds of all kinds in 10 waves plus the patty you only have to do the first wave again and again.

Upvote 0
dewhitelisted

dewhitelisted

It would get dewhitelisted because its perhaps one of the best mutators, actually in my opinion THE best, to have been released that allows you to grind your perks to lvl 6 (except medic). why? its simply because KF has a lot of maps that are either exploitable or easy to get the specimens to follow you in circles. Once a person gets the specimens following, depending on difficulty and how many faked players you have, it can quickly becomes the easiest 100 headshots you will get, and to boot you'll have a lot of money to buy all the fancy weapons so you can quickly pinpoint bigger threats like the husk. The second most effective grind would have to be the beseecher with a katana, and something long range to keep the husks off though it would take a bit longer to lvl than a SS.

yes!

Upvote 0