• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Sport] The World Cup 2010 Thread

Ah **** it. While Spain totally deserved it, I still hate them all except for Casillas. Such a bunch of whiney drama queens which drop after the slighiest contact and act as if someone shot them in the leg with a pistol. I mean in general and not in the first 45min of this match where of course they could've easily gotten a few red cards.

what and aryen robbin isn't just about the worst diving cheat in the modern game?

No-one plays an attack minded, possession passing game anything like as good as the spainish.
In light of this, if they do go to ground a bit easily (and bare in mind they were kicked all over the park tonight) so be it.

look, if you don't want world cup football with diving, cheating, revelling in deliberate handballs that pay off, trying to get players booked/sent off and other unsportsmanlike behaviour then frankly only include English speaking nations.
Unfortunately, English speaking nations are crap so, you know, you gotta live with it.

disclaimer - in all fairness, the german team was very sportsmanlike this year.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I thought that was exceptionally boring, and ugly.
Missed oppertunities, and all the needless falling down and acting like they've been shot etc from both teams.

I only recently saw footage of Valentino Rossi after he had an exposed fracture with bone protruding from the skin of his lower leg after coming off his bike at Mugello and he made less of a fuss than any of the girls playing today after someone brushed passed them.

The one problem I find with major tournaments is that by the time they're over I quite honeslty have had enough of how footballers are just complete ****ing fannies.

Hearing the pundits afterwards go on and on about how good Spain were was annoying. Four 1-0 victories on the trot. Oh yeah they're a great advert for football as a means of entertainment "oh look at the pretty passing"...

Upvote 0
Well, the only reason they act that way is because it works. The refs eat that flopping crap up, so naturally it's now part of the game. Real sportsmanship be damned.

Major tourneys such as the World Cup need to have instant replay so you can keep these idiotic refs under control. Yeah it may cause a few too many stoppages, but for a tourney so large and seemingly 'important', I think it might be worth it. Take this years Cup... you'd have a totally different outcome if instant replay were used several times during the entire event.

edit - btw, congrats Spain. I was rooting for the Dutch.

Upvote 0