• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Sport] The World Cup 2010 Thread

i thought poor defending by aus and england made the germans look good, but while argentina's defense was always known to be suspect, it seems the germans are the real deal
their restricting of opponant's attacking play through organisation and teamwork, along with the ability to find space and penetrate with conviction puts them above every other team at the moment.
It's kinda what was expected from spain i guess.

A Germany - Holland final would be a monster.

Upvote 0
I am tipping Germany over Spain who so far to my eyes has not lived up to the expectation put upon them. Netherlands vs Uruguay I really am finding hard to decide, I want Netherlands to win but I think it will be very close.

I hope we get a Germany - Netherlands final though, that would be epic and I really like the type of football these teams play :D

Upvote 0
It's kind of win-win, well, presuming holland beat uruguay -
You either get a final between arguably the 2 best nations never to win it, or the classic grudge match - a repeat of the '74 final in which many would have liked to see the dutch's 'total football' prevail.

Only this time round so far it's the Germans who have produced the quality, and on this showing would deserve the title as reward for what the've put in.

I follow holland as my favourite overseas team, but this is the least inspiring dutch team i can remember.
They lack the magic of previous sides and i can't stand Robbin.

Upvote 0