• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bullpup vs AK-47

Bullpup vs AK-47

• Bullpup

Votes: 40 40.0%
  • AK-47

Votes: 60 60.0%

• Total voters
AK-47.

I use it until the ammo runs out and then I switch to the SCAR.

(Saving that full magazine of SCAR for emergencies has saved my *** (and money) more times than I care to remember)

It took me a while to get used to the AK, but I'll never look back now. It's a solid weapon that does solid damage. I find the bullpup to be highly accurate and have a higher magazine capacity, but for me it loses out to the Ak-47 for the fact that it just lacks the punch needed on the higher difficulties.

Having said that I'll try to use the bullpup for the earlier waves purely from an economical point of view. But the AK wins out overall IMO.

Upvote 0
Can a 6lv commando tell me if you can one-shot a clot on suicidual or not? If yes, it is one-shot decap or one-shot kill? As a 5lv commando now, I have no choice but the ak as I need 2 shots to decap and kill a clot......
The AK is a one-headshot kill on Clots; the Bullpup is not. Similarly for Stalkers, Gorefasts and Bloats, though the latter two will just barely survive.

Upvote 0
The AK is a one-headshot kill on Clots; the Bullpup is not. Similarly for Stalkers, Gorefasts and Bloats, though the latter two will just barely survive.
Well... then I have no reason to use bullup. And I use bullup or ak to decap a bloat he will have 40% health left...

In fact, how can you survive suicidual if you need two headshots to kill even weak zeds like clot and crawlers?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In fact, how can you survive suicidual if you need two headshots to kill even weak zeds like clot and crawlers?

Easy, you fire two shots. Bullpup's recoil is so negligible you don't have to wait for the gun to settle down and re-aim, so speedwise it's not all that different from AK.

Besides, with a decent team, you have WAY more than enough sweeping power regardless of which of the three assault rifle you use.

Upvote 0
Well... then I have no reason to use bullup. And I use bullup or ak to decap a bloat he will have 40% health left...

Keep it on full auto and fire small bursts. I prefer the AK simply for the firepower that's inevitably needed at times, but the bullpup is still a very viable weapon on suicidal.

Upvote 0
i'd go with ak. i don't really use bullpup often unless im in the mood to pump out 50 shots without reloading. i usually get enough kills and sell my ak after the first wave and im able to get a scar by wave 2, then i usually buy back the ak come wave 3/4. im a big scar fan, and i usually only use my ak when i get down to 2/3 clips left of scar, with a decent amount of specimens left, and save it just incase i need to unload a full clip on a big guy. i usually dont come down to a low amount of ammo with scar though unless my team is bad i need to carry and kill everything at choke.

Upvote 0
I'm not a terribly high level commando but a combination I usually go for is an AK I use in semi-automatic and a bullpup thats automatic. As for which one I think is more useful I'd have to say bullpup, even for non-commandos the recoil feels almost nonexistant.

edit: I would certainly rather have an AK in the later levels though, even if I already have a SCAR. The bullpup is nothing against the more badass zeds even on the boring low difficulties.

Last edited:
Upvote 0