• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New End of Game Boss Idea: Humongore

New End of Game Boss Idea: Humongore

• Yes!

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No...

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters

folken53

Mar 13, 2010
Hello tripwire interactive, im putting up this thread to pass along one of my many idea's...
Im sure plenty of the killing floor regular's out there would love more variety in their 'end of game' boss's, and im going to pitch an idea for one

His name is Humongore, a play on the word Humongous combined with the word gore, a fitting specimen name wouldnt you agree?. anyways, this boss dont come much tougher, while lacking the ranged abilities that old patriarch has, he is a massive 'steam engine' of an enemy, he is thick clad in hard mutated muscular skin, making him a tough one to take down, he has 2 'speicial abilities' if you like on top of his regular attacks, his regular attack's are melee based, a massive powerful swing from his big hand which is clad in random blades and odd end's of metal and dangerous objects stuck in there, he would life his hand up nice and high and throw it down with tremendous power (thats the regular attack) now his abilities:
Ability 1:
his first ability would be too let out a terrifying bloodfelt roar, one that really make's you wanna high tail it outta there, it wont have the same effect of the siren, no damage done, but instead will lower the player's to a running speed just lower of that of humangore's, leaving them fiercly in danger, this can be blocked by line of sight however.. if you see him preparing to let one of these blood-curdling roars out, you can take cover to avoid the effects, and pray for those who didnt ;) (also the people who the roar reaches should say something demoralizing or yell for help)

Ability 2:
His second ability would be Charge, he would pound his arm's on the ground fiercly at which point kicks up a big smoke cloud (so you cant see what direction he's going to charge from) then he emerges at a raging speed, bounding towards one of the random player's its selected to charge at, the charge itself should do around 50-60 damage and obviously leave the player open for a few hit's from the boss, ending their life rather quickly

Humongore would be fairly slow at around 80% of player speed, and being thick clad in that muscly specimen skin making his health almost 3 times that of the patriarch, rediculous health you may think, but he has a weak point, hitting him in his head wont give headshot bonuses (because he has a big plate over his face and top of his head that end's at his mouth) but around the back of his head you will see his exposed brain with only a thin layer of skin covering it, but still visible as it bulges and pulsate's, so players will know they should shoot him there, he takes headshot damage from that spot there. It is hard getting near him, but once behind him, he can do two things, take his slow *** time turning around or swing his arm up in the air and spin round quickly and crash his arm down, both two random options making going for those headshot's a risky business.

I know there might be some issue's with kiting him as he is melee only, but i thought it could be done so the further you are away from him the more probability he will pull out a charge, say an extra 10% for every 30 feet maybe?

Anyway thanks for reading my idea, hope it get's alot of interest, feel free to pick hole's in it and poke it to bit's though as i know you will ;)

Thanks for reading -Folken53

I don't like to say this, but...

Please, check your grammar, orthograph and sentence construction. It helps readers a LOT, especially those whose English is not the main language (like myself).

As for the idea itself, where's the story background? We can't just throw a boss there to replace our beloved Patty without any explanation, can we?
Some issues with Medics kiting it as Akame stated, and also for Long Range perks (not only Sharpshooter, but Demolitions as well).

Three times the Patriarchs life is incredibly high. Even if this boss is a slow mover, being able to reach as high as 115'500 HP (6-man suicidal). There is almost not enough ammo for a 6-man Sharpshooter team using M14s to take him down.

Upvote 0
I don't like to say this, but...

Please, check your grammar, orthograph and sentence construction. It helps readers a LOT, especially those whose English is not the main language (like myself).

As for the idea itself, where's the story background? We can't just throw a boss there to replace our beloved Patty without any explanation, can we?
Some issues with Medics kiting it as Akame stated, and also for Long Range perks (not only Sharpshooter, but Demolitions as well).

Three times the Patriarchs life is incredibly high. Even if this boss is a slow mover, being able to reach as high as 115'500 HP (6-man suicidal). There is almost not enough ammo for a 6-man Sharpshooter team using M14s to take him down.

if im correct sharp shooters level 6 with a crossbow do around 6-10k damage with a crossbow bolt in the head. so im guessing its possible with a team of sharp shooters. :D
But thats boring.

Upvote 0
I don't think it should have only one weak spot. What I would think as for a boss, so that every single perk (except medic, but it still should be in the team for quick healing) should have he's own role in killing the boss.
For example, it should be necessary to toast him with some fire, after that it should get few shots to the head so it would stop for sometime, while berserker would slicing him, SCAR to the face and after that comes AA12 and M32 (maybe not particular in that order). And only with this combination it would drop dead. If not, when it should be nightmare for team of other consistency to take him down. We need more teamplay now! Because all we see now is mostly: 6 AA12's, 6 Xbows, 6 chainsaws, 30 pipebombs on players head. Is that teamplay? I don't think so...
P.S - Sorry for my bad English...

Upvote 0
I don't think it should have only one weak spot. What I would think as for a boss, so that every single perk (except medic, but it still should be in the team for quick healing) should have he's own role in killing the boss.
For example, it should be necessary to toast him with some fire, after that it should get few shots to the head so it would stop for sometime, while berserker would slicing him, SCAR to the face and after that comes AA12 and M32 (maybe not particular in that order). And only with this combination it would drop dead. If not, when it should be nightmare for team of other consistency to take him down. We need more teamplay now! Because all we see now is mostly: 6 AA12's, 6 Xbows, 6 chainsaws, 30 pipebombs on players head. Is that teamplay? I don't think so...
P.S - Sorry for my bad English...

Actually that is exactly what teamplay is O_O

Upvote 0
Yes 'SOUNDS' easy to kite... but did you read? the most deadly ability it has is to charge at its opponents, you cant outrun a charge and its near impossible to dodge a charge unless you effieciently use cover, further you are away more he charges... so if you try to run as far away as possible he will get to you FASTER... and his background story is, he was the last resort... the counter to the specimen's he was meant to be the scientist's counter specimen... of course to no avail, still horrible dismembered and crushed the scientist's and went on a killing spree

Upvote 0
Ive came to the conclusion that its pointless suggesting boss specimens because its not like TW could just replace Patty with a new one since he is a big part of the story line.

They could, however, add a midwave boss of some sort but I doubt they would do that as it requires a bit more than just making a new specimen.

What about let's say a 50% chance to get patty 50% to get a new boss??
would depend on how much bosses will be implementet over time but could still be like patty 40 new1 30 new2 30
so you could implement new bosses and keep the old ones without messing up the story!

Greetz
Thugdil

Upvote 0