• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Perk effectiveness page

Deathtyrant

Apr 21, 2010
This is something I thought of today as I watched a suicidal fleshpound get 'naded and flamed to hell only to have him get a new skin texture, rage, and obliterate the entire team.

It's shocking that people play on Suicidal that have no idea that their weapons are far more effective vs certain specimens than others and although I request to everyone I see that does poorly to check out the killing floor forums for some pointers I highly doubt any actually listen. So here's a suggestion for those who are having trouble figuring out where their perk excels and where it epic fails.

This could be a tab on the esc in-game menu, on top where it says Perks, if you click it there could be a mini menu that allows you to select a particular perk weapon then a bar graph scale on effectiveness per shot for each specimen, maybe 2, one dictates body shots and the other scales headshots. But this way people can study these and become better at the game instead of getting everyone killed.

in most cases specific weapons succeeding in killing specific monsters is not exactly true, perhaps for the flamethrower and grenade launchers, but not for say, a shotgun or crossbow. Fleshpounds do have 50% resistance to all damage but crossbows still have about a 3x headshot multiplier ;D and scrakes take full damage from bolts. which is the biggest threats. Im gonna have to say this idea has no use :/

Upvote 0
in most cases specific weapons succeeding in killing specific monsters is not exactly true, perhaps for the flamethrower and grenade launchers, but not for say, a shotgun or crossbow. Fleshpounds do have 50% resistance to all damage but crossbows still have about a 3x headshot multiplier ;D and scrakes take full damage from bolts. which is the biggest threats. Im gonna have to say this idea has no use :/

I don't think it's ok to dismiss this idea because of an overpowered aspect of the game. It's eventually going to be balanced after all.

I do believe this is a good idea, especially for begginners (spellcheck). Tagged along with the fixing of the KF manual.

Now that I think about it, they should add to the game a "Check the manual" button, with a pop-up (you know, those annoying pop-ups when you first start a game, with the classic "click here to disable hints" thing below). Weird, yes, and rather useless for 80% of the public, but some may actually benefit from this.

Upvote 0
I think part of the game and the horror element is NOT knowing what weapons to use on each enemy and how. Sure its annoying when a noob joins suicidal game but thats their own stupidity, they should start out in normal like everyone else, and if thats too easy move to next difficulty.

But if you really want to know look it up online.

Upvote 0