• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Tournament Interest

well i dont see the need for creating an account on some guys website simply to say "yh, me and my clan is down for the whole tournament thing" >.> hell if he had any sense he would have put a poll on the KF forums and save people the effort.

Well, I'm in the same boat. I don't see a point in spending 20+ hours coding if nobody is going to play in it. People registering (takes a whole five minutes) just shows that there is a real interest, most of the time when questions like this are asked, alot of people on the public forum will respound and say they are interested. Then the time come for the actual tournament and nobody signs up.

So why would I want to save people the effort only to have a possibility of people actualy signing up. I've already been down this road with two tournaments that people said they were interested, both have had zero people signup for them.

Awnsering prior questions:
HaTeMe -
Timezone differences wouldn't matter. Just as long as you have a group of six people you can play with. You report the match you play, then the other team reports thiers. (with a timelimit)

SMIFF-
I'm not really sure, orginally I was going to be working with him on a tournament. Now me and arramus are working on it.

Upvote 0
Well, I'm in the same boat. I don't see a point in spending 20+ hours coding if nobody is going to play in it. People registering (takes a whole five minutes) just shows that there is a real interest, most of the time when questions like this are asked, alot of people on the public forum will respound and say they are interested. Then the time come for the actual tournament and nobody signs up.

So why would I want to save people the effort only to have a possibility of people actualy signing up. I've already been down this road with two tournaments that people said they were interested, both have had zero people signup for them.

Taking a short amount of time to register on a forum (five minutes, if that, as you said) doesn't imply interest any more than posting in this thread does. I'm not sure why you have the idea that people registering to a forum that they will likely never use again guarantees that they will participate in the tournament. It would've been a lot easier to include a poll with this thread. You'd get results more quickly and it's no different than voting in the poll on your website.

There's been a lot of interest expressed in a KF tournament in the past and I can assure you that I would enjoy participating as I'm sure many other people would as well.

Upvote 0
Taking a short amount of time to register on a forum (five minutes, if that, as you said) doesn't imply interest any more than posting in this thread does. I'm not sure why you have the idea that people registering to a forum that they will likely never use again guarantees that they will participate in the tournament. It would've been a lot easier to include a poll with this thread. You'd get results more quickly and it's no different than voting in the poll on your website.

It does imply more interest, you took the time to register instead of replying, or voting in a poll here. They will use it again if they are actualy interested in the tournament, you have to be registered to play. So how does registering on my site not show more interest?

Just humor me with it, maybe you'll all show up, maybe not. But I can tell you I'm not even going to bother if I can't get you on the website now, before I spend the time creating the needed scripts to support Killing Floor.

Upvote 0