• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dual wield knifes and katanas

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be the answer to your dual-wield katana question:
Wakizashi.jpg

The Wakizashi. Usually worn with the Katana wht way a Beretta 92 is worn with an M16.

As a sidearm.

Upvote 0
Rather have dual machetes, that would be useful to carry in addition to the katana just because they would swing so fast you could charge into a crowd on suicidal and kill them fast enough that you wouldn't break stride. I've always wanted there to be a reason to carry more than one type of melee weapon as berserker.

Hatchets would be cool too, I've wanted to use dual tomahawks ever since I saw this:

YouTube - mel gibson the patriot tomahawk fight scenes

And they'd have to be throwable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Knives are supposed to be weak. That's why they're called knives and not mother****in' lightsabers. You just want to make the game easier on yourself by doing so. Take a little challenge. It's always fun when life has challenges.

Instead of having a wazikashi along with a katana, I'd really rather have just a continuous katana attack, because I really don't like clicking a bazillion times a second at an fp or scrake. It's gonna be the same attack speed anyways.

If you can't kill anything with a katana as berserker, I'd suggest you go an hero or find another perk to play, because this ain't some mmo where you're playing an assassin class. Think of it this way; how do samurai wiled their blades? With one hand? No, they'd be dead in a second if they did that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Instead of having a wazikashi along with a katana, I'd really rather have just a continuous katana attack, because I really don't like clicking a bazillion times a second at an fp or scrake. It's gonna be the same attack speed anyways.

thats how it was before, just hold down mouse and pwn thru a whole horde of zombies. they felt it was too much and changed it to one hit per click which i think makes berzerker more interactive. think about it - most of the guns you have to click per shot unless its commando or firebug.

Upvote 0
thats how it was before, just hold down mouse and pwn thru a whole horde of zombies. they felt it was too much and changed it to one hit per click which i think makes berzerker more interactive. think about it - most of the guns you have to click per shot unless its commando or firebug.

I LOVED OLD CHAINSAW O_O. the decapitation rate was so ****ing high. if i bloat walked near the blade, POP its head vanished :D, Same with any other specimen!

(Weird i just changed my avatar too this and this post comes up xD!!!!)

Upvote 0
Eh, ok point taken there...but still, it'd help if my index finger didn't hurt a little after every pound wave was over.

We're talking about the katana....

He was talking about the chainsaw ^^^^^^^^^^^
wasnt he?

(I didnt play alot when Katana came out, Ragequit...)
so? you could hold the button for katana attack down?

^^ignore this^^
I have fail reading skills.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
now wouldent it be great if we could dual wield knifes and duel wield katanas

maybe knifes but not a katana O_O katanas are dual handed weapons lol.

The Wakizashi. Usually worn with the Katana wht way a Beretta 92 is worn with an M16.

Rather have dual machetes, that would be useful to carry in addition to the katana just because they would swing so fast you could charge into a crowd on suicidal and kill them fast enough that you wouldn't break stride.

He was talking about the chainsaw ^^^^^^^^^^^
wasnt he?

(I didnt play alot when Katana came out, Ragequit...)
so? you could hold the button for katana attack down?

No, I'm pretty sure you're the only one talking about the chainsaw lol. And no the katana does not have a continuous attack.

^^ignore this^^
I have fail reading skills.

EDIT: Ok you can pretend this post doesn't exist either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Maybe dual wielding axes O_O.... that'd be fun!

Id like to see you dual wield the axes more efficently than the katanas.

that would be fun but knifes need dual wield baaaaaaaad cause there sooo weak

Knife is weak?

1. Like Dex said, its supposed to be the weakest weapon in the game used as a last resort when you run out of ammo -_-
2. Yet, the knife is ridiculously overpowered because it can decap clots, gorefasts, stalkers, bloats and maybe even sirens and husks (as a berserker), with just one hit. Thats something it SHOULDNT do..

But, if you wanted 2 knifes, why not as long as you pay for the other one and it takes a weight slot.

However, I dont think dual knifes would look good at all in Killing Floor, seeing the animations arent exactly perfect and the melee element isnt very polished either. Id imagine it to look exactly like it does with one knife, except that both hands are swinging, rofl. Theres never going to be any "cool combat moves" in KF, unless they made a sequel with better engine and all.

Upvote 0
About dual wielding katanas:

I own a katana. I'm a quite big guy (1,92m , 100kg) and I assure you, it is not a single handed weapon. It's not a matter of weight, as it weights next to nothing - it's a matter of construction and centre of mass. With both hands you make a lever on the grip which drives the blade with a great force. With one hand, even if you're a strong man, you can't cut through s**t. So just forget about all those mangas and d-class action movies and get real.

And about dual wielding machetes - it's entirely possible. Also, it has been proposed several times that we should have option to wield 9MM/knife or 9MM/machete at the same time.

Upvote 0
-_- yeah but knife should be dual wield as a extra not a default youd still have the single knife but you could pick up a extra one and use it i love using a chain saw with my bezerker perk specially against scrakes what about not katanas but dual short swords lol tripwire could be mean and put a iron knuckle weapon which would be even weaker as a default weapon and then youd have to pick up a knife else were

Last edited:
Upvote 0
-_- yeah but knife should be dual wield as a extra not a default youd still have the single knife but you could pick up a extra one and use it i love using a chain saw with my bezerker perk specially against scrakes what about not katanas but dual short swords lol tripwire could be mean and put a iron knuckle weapon which would be even weaker as a default weapon and then youd have to pick up a knife else were

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.