• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Female Red Army soldiers

Try again. When did I ever advocate this feature? I don't need to disagree with your stance in order to point out that you lack the necessary comprehension to effectively comment in this thread.

100% useless? Well a lot of things can be considered 100% useless by your definition. Grass, water, rubble, textures, detail of any sort, basically anything graphical. Forget about all that eye-candy. Everything should just be basic primitives and solid colours. No, not even colours. Wireframe. No animations, just text to tell you what you're doing.

Also, if you had even a modicum of intelligence, you would understand that female player models means more than "tits to look at". It means as much as male player models being "dicks to look at".

No, grass, water, rubble and textures belong to the game. They make the game believable. Having woman-models running and gunning around shouting "LOLOLOL I HAS TITS" in a squeaky teenager voice in voicechat don't make the game believable. Don't give me any bull**** about "But there were women in stalingrad!" - I don't doubt it, but what I said above is what it's going to be like if they include women.

I presume you want women in the game, since you attacked me so furiously when I said they don't belong in HoS.

Also, cut down the insults. They don't make you look smart, they make you look like a 15-year old who's angry because someone doesn't want to see polygon tits in HoS.

Edit: Oh, and if they DO include women, they'd better not have make-up, perfectly round D-cups and nicely shaped bums.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
68416045wgdpmllkpopcorn.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No, grass, water, rubble and textures belong to the game. They make the game believable.

Oh good. You've learned how to formulate arguments.

I presume you want women in the game, since you attacked me so furiously when I said they don't belong in HoS.

You presume incorrectly. My issue was with your poor line of reasoning, as explained (again) below. And just for clarity, as I already stated, I don't care. Do it if it is historically accurate, don't do it otherwise.

Also, cut down the insults. They don't make you look smart, they make you look like a 15-year old who's angry because someone doesn't want to see polygon tits in HoS.
Statements like this which you continue to repeat is what I'm getting so worked up about. Why do you assume the only reason people want to see women in HoS is because they want to see "tits in HoS"? That's a ridiculous statement. People have already stated their reasons (visual variety, historical representation, etc.) which have nothing to do with nerds getting flustered over seeing virtual women in a computer game. That's more insulting to the rest of this forum than anything I said to you, nevermind the sexist content of your message. Because women = tits, right? And that's all we care about? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
HoS should have a model for a funny-looking, short person who has a high-pitched voice and thick eyeglasses. He might also spell words wrong.

There could've been one in Stalingrad, therefore it's realism, therefore we should add it because someone is requesting it on the forums, right?

Even if it means we have to create a new model, new textures and new voices for this one specific character. Good things devs have time to add features like this, it makes the game truly spectacular to have realistic things like this in it.

I hope you now realize why adding female red army soldiers is useless.

(Except it isn't, because they got tits, unlike my suggestion here.)

Upvote 0
HoS should have a model for a funny-looking, short person who has a high-pitched voice and thick eyeglasses. He might also spell words wrong.

There could've been one in Stalingrad, therefore it's realism, therefore we should add it because someone is requesting it on the forums, right?
Poor example pal, history books never mention said dorky soldier, why? because he isn't historically important. However, history does make note of the fact that there were women in frontline combat during stalingrad, so therefore it IS historically important

If the devs are so pressed for time that retooling an existing model slightly to make it look like a woman would push back the release date then fine, don't add them, I'd rather have the game come out sooner, but more often than not, games go through a waiting period between when they are completed and when the publisher decides to release the game, and the devs can use this extra time to throw in this little feature

Upvote 0
Somehow the whole thread can be counterpointed with this: Let's take arabian WSS volunteers (or whatever they were, someone correct me on this if they know beter) in their own unique brigade aswell. There's photos about them, there's even some black people seen wearing WSS insignia and I am pretty sure they saw frontline combat at some point. Should we feature them in the game even in the theoretical and hypothetical scenario they were present there (which probably was not the case) ?

Same goes with that small Fallschirmj

Upvote 0
http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg78-e.htm

This weapon is in Red Orchestra, only 26.700 were produced but there it is.

There were at least 75.000 women in Stalingrad as field nurses alone (who had to fight the enemy). I won't mention snipers or anything else, cause I don't have information in that matter. But if there were, all the more reason to add them.

Their addition would be far more justified than the MP41 in RO as 75.000+ in a single battle > 26.700 across the whole front

Upvote 0
http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg78-e.htm

This weapon is in Red Orchestra, only 26.700 were produced but there it is.

There were at least 75.000 women in Stalingrad as field nurses alone (who had to fight the enemy). I won't mention snipers or anything else, cause I don't have information in that matter. But if there were, all the more reason to add them.

Their addition would be far more justified than the MP41 in RO as 75.000+ in a single battle > 26.700 across the whole front

Bad example.

The weapon adds something to the gameplay. Women don't.

Besides, field nurses afaik don't fight the enemy unless in a very desperate situation. Did they even have guns? Where do you pull these numbers for field nurses by the way?

Upvote 0

As snipers they might from sense of historical accuracy and such, but aesthetically looking if they make typical 1940s russian female sniper realistically after the game would be released - even though this is just a speculation - alot of people would complain where are the women because they can't really distinguish them at all and wonder are they even in the game in the first place.

As for field nurses and such, unfortunately since we don't have remotedly realistic (and would be impsosible in FPS) system to have wounded persons and chain of events when it comes to first aid stations, hospitals and such they don't really matter in the gameplay as the diffrence between concept of death and wounding in a videogame is extremely abstracted. Most of the time you would get hit you would just be wounded and incapable of fighting for some time even after you recheive first aid, but in a game you're counted as dead. The time, scale and other things required to 'model' it would simply be out of place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As snipers they might from sense of historical accuracy and such, but aesthetically looking if they make typical 1940s russian female sniper realistically after the game would be released - even though this is just a speculation - alot of people would complain where are the women because they can't really distinguish them at all and wonder are they even in the game in the first place.

Even if its just up close I think details are important, and makes games more believable.

As for field nurses and such, unfortunately since we don't have remotedly realistic (and would be impsosible in FPS) system to have wounded persons and chain of events when it comes to first aid stations, hospitals and such they don't really matter in the gameplay as the diffrence between concept of death and wounding in a videogame is extremely abstracted. Most of the time you would get hit you would just be wounded and incapable of fighting for some time even after you recheive first aid, but in a game you're counted as dead. The time, scale and other things required to 'model' it would simply be out of place.

There weren't hospitals in Stalingrad, injured were taken to the other side of the Volga for treatment... (And a lot of them died as medical assistance could take up to 24h to reach them)

You are right about that an injured saving mechanic could be too bothersome and wouldn't fit into the current game mechanics if it wasn't a whole new game mode, but is true that some had to fight alongside their comrades, so a limited class in certain maps wouldn't be far off.

For those who say is not realistic, well, tell that to those German soldiers who faced them and were killed by those "unrealistic features".

Edit: As for gameplay and class specifications, they should have somewhat lower stats in terms of speed and weight to carry etc, but on the other hand they could proportion better first aid to those soldiers who are injured but not really incapacitated

@Poerisija: Due to your amount of none sense, I added you to my ignore list, so don't even bother replying to me. (And for the record, the only one who talks about tits is you)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But what if you are gay or hate women..you whouldent care that much...:eek::confused::D:rolleyes:

Well I'm not saying that I personally would care about seeing women dying in terrible ways, I really don't care what gender or sexual orientation the person is

I'm just saying that if there were people that didnt want this idea because it is kinda eff'd up to see that stuff, I would totally understand. I however, am pretty eff'd up so that sorta stuff wouldn't really bother me, but I can't expect everyone in the community to be as screwed up as I am:p

Upvote 0
I really don't want to get involved, but...

Suggesting that a man's life is less valuable than woman's is silly. A man dying in a gruesome way is just as terrible as a woman's. Apparently, people have been programmed to think otherwise, or simply express "politically correct" statements which hold no barring to logical or truth.

Women in the game should be added if map is oriented around a defense or attack that consisted of a partisan or auxiliary unit, which women were a part. Like the defense of the Tractor Works where many of the workers, women included, fought on defense.

There are plenty of other games where women are belligerents and die or kill others. L4d2 and Fallout 3 are primary examples. They are fictional and not based on "realism" as RO. Nevertheless, women are brutally dismembered or kill others, yet people play those games and do not condemn the presence of women.

Personally, I really don't care if women are in the game or not, I just want to play it and kick some ***.

Upvote 0
Russian women are big and ugly - so not much would be changed compared to the men - and that women is an exception!
As usual SAY makes another golden contribution.:rolleyes:

FYI - on the approach to the North of Stalingrad the panzers ran into determined (but ultimately futile) resistance from light AA batteries crewed mostly by women. The Panzer crews were shocked when they got close to the carnage and saw who they had been fighting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0