• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

That's pretty stupid. I was spotting enemies left and right without the damn thing and haven't noticed any difference at all with it equipped. I assume there's another thing to unlock to put in that slot so I'll definitely ditch that piece of **** for something else. Actually it seems a lot of times that I'll try to spot something and it won't spot it. That's even more stupid...and the 'spotting scope' has the same problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The M60 is truly a beast, I just unlocked it and now I fully understand what people are talking about. Even on standard mode if you add the ACOG and use stabilization it is like a full auto sniper rifle. I was literally spent a good 10 minutes as an attacker on that island map just murdering the defenders on the island from across the water with it.

Upvote 0
I just don't understand what the thought process was for giving Medics the machineguns.

I mean, would you rather have a soldier who has infinite ammo or a soldier who has nearly infinite ammo PLUS the ability to heal himself and revive others?

Medic class is Jesus. Reviv'n, Takin' M-Comms, Heal'n, Kill'n. The best team work class in the game.

Upvote 0
I just don't understand what the thought process was for giving Medics the machineguns.

I mean, would you rather have a soldier who has infinite ammo or a soldier who has nearly infinite ammo PLUS the ability to heal himself and revive others?

I still remember the M60 class in Battlefieldvietnam...

Sniper-like M60 + health packs + AT launcher...

Upvote 0
A lot of times though, the medics just go around and whore out their MGs with zero regard for reviving teammates...and sometimes even leaving health packs. That's the problem with giving them the most OP weapons in the game. I mean ffs, the game even acknowledges how easy it is to use them in one of the death message tips: "Machine guns have great accuracy even when fired on full auto." I don't know who started this craze with LMGs that can be used like assault rifles, but I don't like it one bit.

Upvote 0
A lot of times though, the medics just go around and whore out their MGs with zero regard for reviving teammates...and sometimes even leaving health packs. That's the problem with giving them the most OP weapons in the game. I mean ffs, the game even acknowledges how easy it is to use them in one of the death message tips: "Machine guns have great accuracy even when fired on full auto." I don't know who started this craze with LMGs that can be used like assault rifles, but I don't like it one bit.

It had to be done for console players

Upvote 0
The console argument is getting old now.

I still like the game but it does have its share of problems, namely:

1.) Snipers
2.) Lack of good servers (on average I spend about 30 - 60 minutes before I find a good server)
3.) The Medic is actually the best assault class
4.) Snipers
5.) Too twitchy sometimes
6.) Oftentimes difficult to rack up a good k/d ratio because you spawn in a hail of bullets
7.) Snipers

But like I said, if you find a good server with good teamwork you'll be fine. However, my favourite server changed from a no-sniper server to a normal HC server. There used to be more teamwork than average on that one but not anymore I guess. :( Does anyone know if it's even possible to make mutators for BC2? There should be a no-sniper mutator because that class is so overrated it's sad.

Also... the unlock progress screen during the map load doesn't work for me anymore, does anyone else have that problem? All of the info is gone.

Upvote 0
The console argument is getting old now.

I still like the game but it does have its share of problems, namely:

1.) Snipers
2.) Lack of good servers (on average I spend about 30 - 60 minutes before I find a good server)
3.) The Medic is actually the best assault class
4.) Snipers
5.) Too twitchy sometimes
6.) Oftentimes difficult to rack up a good k/d ratio because you spawn in a hail of bullets
7.) Snipers

But like I said, if you find a good server with good teamwork you'll be fine. However, my favourite server changed from a no-sniper server to a normal HC server. There used to be more teamwork than average on that one but not anymore I guess. :( Does anyone know if it's even possible to make mutators for BC2? There should be a no-sniper mutator because that class is so overrated it's sad.

Also... the unlock progress screen during the map load doesn't work for me anymore, does anyone else have that problem? All of the info is gone.

It's intermittent, about the unlock screen.

As far as no-sniper / sniper limit / etc., it's against the EULA. If you want to run a ranked server, you can't limit what classes / weapons people are allowed to use.

Upvote 0
TBH I don't get killed by the M60 that often. Usually it's the PKM or the Type 88. It's not that big of a problem compared to some of the other problems I've mentioned.

It's intermittent, about the unlock screen.

As far as no-sniper / sniper limit / etc., it's against the EULA. If you want to run a ranked server, you can't limit what classes / weapons people are allowed to use.

Well, the buggy unlock screens stays there for me, on every server and every round. But maybe it's gone today, who knows.

As for ranked servers, you mean "ranked" as in servers that level up your unlock stats? Or servers that track your performance on one particular server?

I guess it's up to DICE to make a class limit option then. But I doubt that will happen, because even after 8 years they still seem to be oblivious to the problem. Maybe my standards are too high because I come from RO? :p

Anyway, does anyone know about a good teamwork server?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Online experience is getting worse as people get more and more *aware* of the OP weapons.

Today I was on various servers and they were full of Assault classes using only GL, medic classes full of M60 and not reviving anyone at all, engineers that are just whoring the Gustav and letting those tanks rape us, Sniper classes with insta-kill Saigas . . . and what's with everyone warping on the servers lately? There was no warping before R8.

I don't think I'll be be playing until the next patch arrives, hopefully with lots of balance fixes. I miss the first week where most of the people played the game as it was meant, unaware of OP weapons.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
M60, Gustav, grenade launcher, or Sniper...

The weapons that kill me the most in order relative to my number of deaths.

I really get irked when I get "sniped" across the map by the M60.....Then I spawn next to a squadmate only for us all to get blasted by a Gustav from across town....So I spawn in the rear only to be sniped by a base raping sniper or blasted into oblivion from a hail of launched grenades from a self-supplying assault class. Thats about the time I quit.....I play less and less each time. Its attraction is fading fast..... The game really needs squad based class limits.

I hardly find anyone that will communicate via mic. Maybe with this game, that is a good thing?

Upvote 0
I don't know if the expeirence on the 360 is that much different from the PC or what but the M60 isn't that big of an issue to me even on Hardcore. Maybe its because I was brought to the brink because of Modern Warfare 2, but when I am killed in BC2 I feel like either that person earned the kill or I wasn't careful enough. At times it gets frustrating because of all the snipers but usually they are dumb enough to stay in the same spot for 15 minutes and then GO back to the same place after I have killed them.

Or maybe its cause I play with a close group of friends every time and communicate.

Upvote 0
I don't know if the expeirence on the 360 is that much different from the PC or what but the M60 isn't that big of an issue to me even on Hardcore. Maybe its because I was brought to the brink because of Modern Warfare 2, but when I am killed in BC2 I feel like either that person earned the kill or I wasn't careful enough. At times it gets frustrating because of all the snipers but usually they are dumb enough to stay in the same spot for 15 minutes and then GO back to the same place after I have killed them.

Or maybe its cause I play with a close group of friends every time and communicate.

You're playing the 360 version too? Send me a friend request... would be nice to have some fellow RO players on there!
Red One Echo

Upvote 0