• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My Killing Floor Died.

Sylar1

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 25, 2010
My Killing Floor doesn't want to open. There are 2 things that shows up. The first is this.

Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 3021 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT (9107)

ReadFile beyond EOF 0+4/0

Historia: ULinkerLoad::Serialize <- FUnrealfileSummary<< <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.LevelSummary KF-CornerMarket_v3.LevelSummary NULL) <- UCacheManager::ExportCacheMaps <- NewMaps <- UCacheManager::SaveNewPackages <- UCacheManager::InitCache <- UCacheManager::execInitCache <- (KFGUIController Package.KFGUIController @ Function XInterface.GUIController.InitializeController : 01BB) <- UObject::execClassContext <- (KFGUIController Package.KFGUIController @ Function XInterface.GUIController.InitializeController : 01BB) <- UObject::processEvent <- (KFGUIController Package.KFGUIController, Function KFGUI.KFGUIController.InitializeController) <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

And the second says thats something wrong with KillingFloor.exe(Runtime) and seriously is because it doesnt wants to open from the steam files. I have reinstalled it few times, restarted steam few times and nothing.

EOF means corrupted data.

can you upload your killingfloor.log file in here. (looks like a text document in your killingfloor system folder). So we can see if any specific map or something is broken.

After that you can try deleting your KF system folder and regenerating it through steam. Try defragmenting and doing a check disc of your hard disc as well in case it got some broken sectors.

Upvote 0