• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Footage from Intel stand @ GDC?

Although VE3D is on the IGN network it's not IGN. Both VE3D and IGN review their own games, have their own game of the year awards etc.

The last news about HOS on IGN was in august 2009. (http://pc.ign.com/objects/143/14346819.html)

For me personally I never heard about VE3D till they got mentioned in a news post on this site, and still haven't really head it being mentioned outside of this place. But an advantage of VE3D is that exclusive HOS news will become a feature on the website for a while. And not all popular gaming sites are as nicely when posting news.

Although it would be nice to see some more RO:HoS info on the most popular gaming (reviewing) sites such as IGN, Gamespot, Gametrailers and Kotaku.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Although it would be nice to see some more RO:HoS info on the most popular gaming (reviewing) sites such as IGN, Gamespot, Gametrailers and Kotaku.
Pfft I officially lost all respect for Gametrailers when they voted Modern Warfare 2 as PC GAME OF THE YEAR. Um what?? Way to show just how out of touch you are with ... well everything! It's all about shiny websites and money for those sites -- no substance.

If it's not coming out on 360 or PS3 those sites don't give a crap. Hell, even Starcraft 2 (THE GAME OF THE DECADE) hardly gets any coverage. Lol fail.

Upvote 0
don't get me wrong, of course i think it's great that VE3D has this exclusive relationship with TW because obviously the reviews and articles they post will really promote TW and their work. however i also have to agree that it's tough to market something when the only outlet being used is so unknown to the majority of consumers. let's face it, VE3D is not IGN, it's not Gamespot, not GameTrailers. while you run the risk of getting bad writeups from the "big boys", the trade-off is a ton more exposure.

fact is that if a person has never even heard of a product, there is 0% chance that they will buy that product. regardless of what they heard, whether it was favorable to the game or not, at least if they've heard of the product, there's a chance they'll at least give it a try. one little article posted on VE3D's site and within the TW community (TW forums, ROHOS website, community/clan/competition sites and steam groups) just doesn't offer the highest potential for maximum exposure. i mean half of the people that saw this news are probably going to buy the game anyway because they will be repeat customers. i look and say, well that's great that you've already got a good customer base, but that's not going to result in substaintial growth. you have to reach NEW costumers. there are probably millions of gamers who've still never heard of RO, RO:HOS or even TW for that matter. that's why i feel that there needs to be more emphasis placed on reaching the currently untapped market that is still not even aware this game or this company exists.

thing is, by creating the most possible exposure, while not everyone may be willing to BUY the game right away, at least they'll be willing to take a closer look at it. trick is to use all the media outlets possible to get the most amount of people to notice the game, then provide them access to the most resources possible so that they can review the game on their own. if you give enough quality screenshots, videos, possibly limited free access to the game through a beta/demo/guestpass/freeweekend, then regardless of what they read in the article, they can make their own judgements. chances are, they will be much more inclined to buy the game if they get a firsthand "review" of the game over just listening to what some biased (both positively and negatively) source writes. but it all starts with exposure, and imo, RO:HOS and TW as a whole has yet to make that essential step to achieving maximum exposure.

not trying to be negative about it, but that's simply my observation and analysis, so i guess my two cents.....actually more like a half-dollar :D

Upvote 0
Oh I totally agree that Tripwire should do its best to get coverage on those big sites. They offer the best publicity, period, and the more people that hear about RO:HOS, the better.

I'm just scorning them for being ignorant, arrogant, money-grubbing bastards that don't cover game companies that don't help line their pockets.

Upvote 0
You need to read the end of the VE3D article though Bswearer

With the success of Killing Floor, they find themselves in a position where the Heroes of Stalingrad's budget isn't necessarily drying up at a set date, so they have the time to create the full experience that they want to unleash on the world. "Not too soon, not real far," they joked. And the release will be by no means a secret. They're aiming to host a big beta test, a huge marketing push, and won't let the information pass you by. We'll be here to tell you all about it.

I'm not the biggest reader of gamespot, gametrailers and ign actually I get my reviews primarily from forums (and that is where everybody can help a bit with telling people about the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Pfft I officially lost all respect for Gametrailers when they voted Modern Warfare 2 as PC GAME OF THE YEAR. Um what?? Way to show just how out of touch you are with ... well everything! It's all about shiny websites and money for those sites -- no substance.

If it's not coming out on 360 or PS3 those sites don't give a crap. Hell, even Starcraft 2 (THE GAME OF THE DECADE) hardly gets any coverage. Lol fail.

You cannot fully understand the irony of this without having been on the Infinity Ward forums following the release of Modern Warfare 2. The moderators were tripping over themselves trying to contain the rampant troll threads, links to torrents, and spamming of inappropriate material.

To this day a good 60% of all posts on the PC forum regard dedicated servers, hax, glitches, networking problems, etc.

Modern Warfare 2 could reasonably be nominated for biggest PC disASTER of all time, to say that it is the best PC game of the month of its release would be far too generous.

Not to mention the disaster (which prompted the pun "Modern Warfail 2") chiefly concerned itself with features PC gamers love (which notably HoS is championing) being taken from them and replaced with broken console junk.

Upvote 0
You cannot fully understand the irony of this without having been on the Infinity Ward forums following the release of Modern Warfare 2. The moderators were tripping over themselves trying to contain the rampant troll threads, links to torrents, and spamming of inappropriate material.

To this day a good 60% of all posts on the PC forum regard dedicated servers, hax, glitches, networking problems, etc.

Modern Warfare 2 could reasonably be nominated for biggest PC disASTER of all time, to say that it is the best PC game of the month of its release would be far too generous.

Not to mention the disaster (which prompted the pun "Modern Warfail 2") chiefly concerned itself with features PC gamers love (which notably HoS is championing) being taken from them and replaced with broken console junk.
Oh trust me, I was THERE, even before the game released when they announced no dedicated servers. Total epic failure.

Upvote 0
I've had no issues playing MW2, unlike with MP in Bad Company.

Dice tried to coddle up to PC customers when the competition beat their product to the holiday sales market, stating they would really show their customers how much they were appreciated when their game was released, now the spin is that MP issues with Bad Comapny are because there weren't enough servers made available (some dedication).

So where's the petition to get Bad Company working?

And talk about questionable reviews, how can anyone write a glowing report to a game which contains a major component that doesn't work.

Upvote 0
I've had no issues playing MW2, unlike with MP in Bad Company.

Dice tried to coddle up to PC customers when the competition beat their product to the holiday sales market, stating they would really show their customers how much they were appreciated when their game was released, now the spin is that MP issues with Bad Comapny are because there weren't enough servers made available (some dedication).

So where's the petition to get Bad Company working?

And talk about questionable reviews, how can anyone write a glowing report to a game which contains a major component that doesn't work.

Might have something to do with their willingness to fix it and the fact that it worked during their significant beta testing period, something MW2 did NOT have?

Upvote 0