• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

German version

Nekomancer

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 23, 2009
As i know this month a german version of Killing Floor goes retail. I know it got an USK rating of 18+, i'm ok with that. It's a gory game, so a gory rating is only fitting.

Now my questions:
Is Killing Floor censored in the german version? If yes, what has been removed?
I already own Killing Floor, will there be a retroactive censorship based on IPs? If yes, the first thing i'll do is getting a refund.

I paid for an uncensored version and i want to keep it that way. I got L4D2 as an import because i didn't want the censorship. Same with Fallout 1-3 (1&2 US, 3 UK Import) and other games. I want to play and enjoy the games like they were intended too. I've seen too much censorship in games which was sometimes just horrible and made the game a lot less enjoyable.

Changing the download area doesn't work anymore. Since I don't know how many years now.
Anyway I somehow doubt uncensored versions will censor themselves retroactively.

Take note how there is a "DE" after certain games with mutilated german versions.
Now take note how it is missing behind your killing floor.
Those are 2 different "games", one version will be associated with your account upon purchase if your IP is german, the other one is for the rest of the world (except australia).
The IP is only being checked upon purchase, not if you actually download/play the game.
This is also why you can get the uncensored version by having someone in a country that isn't nuts on censorship gift it to you (which is also a good way to save loads of money since valve shamelessly rips eurpoeans with its ballsy "$=€"-policy off).

I think, if there will be one anyway we don't even know yet, german versions will only be given to people who purchase killing floor from within germany after its actual release so you should be safe.

Oh and you most likely won't get a refund.
The utmost you'll get is them removing the game from your game list basically telling you that you're free to purchase the game again.
Go valve.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Changing the download region never worked. If you buy a german L4D2 you always get a german L4D2 even if you download from Japan.

Also FACharly, you didn't read my post. The german version is not released yet. It will be released March, 26th. So all videos you found are based on the international version. Which i bought long months ago.

And about the refund. I didn't buy the german version, so if they enforce it on me, i'll demand one. Until i get one.

I just want some clarity. I really like KF, i even bought both DLCs which are pretty cool, but i really hate censorship in games, movies and books. No one goes into a museum and censors the art that's on display there, right? So why should digital art be the same?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Because it's entertainment, not art.
Of course games are art. Movies, books, music and comics are art too, right?
I don't see how it suddenly isn't anymore if you mix all those.
It's like saying a mix of vodka and beer doesn't contain alcohol anymore.

Anyway movies do get censored too so being art doesn't mean it is untouchable, apparently.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Would be nice if someone from TWI would be able to give an official statement.

Dude the game won't be cut, it was judged by the USK last year ago. And got the 18+rating it hasn't been cut since so it won't be cut in the future.

And stop crying for TWI when you have a silly question I bet they are as tired of this question as I am ...

And Nibe I totally see why TWI had to cut the swastikas from the game ...

Upvote 0
German is so violent place
What? Germany is a violent place? Compared to what? A lifeless desert? Sorry, but i don't hear police sirens all day or something. I was never mugged, pick pocketed or got my bike stolen. I had only two times in my life business with the police. One day because someone threw eggs at our house. And the other time, because a car rammed me while i was riding my bike and committed a hit and run.

Games get censored because the government has the fear that violence may affect the youth in a negative way. I agree in a way with them.

And what the heck has this topic to do with Hitler? I could care less about what an Austrian mental case did. That was decades before i was born. The present Germany isn't racist, nor are the most citizens. Sure, there are some idiots who think that foreigners should be thrown out of the country. But no one takes them for serious anymore. At the moment, they even fight each other, so the problem takes care of itself. There's still no cure for stupidity.

Upvote 0
Dude the game won't be cut, it was judged by the USK last year ago. And got the 18+rating it hasn't been cut since so it won't be cut in the future.

The Boxed version ist NOT uncut. Gbase.ch posted a news about it today. Ragdoll and some "Graphical Effects" are cut. I realy hope the censorship is Serial based. If not, i also try to get a refund (sadly, because iam realy a KF Fan)... Like Nekomancer said, we bought no censored version of the game. I also request a official Statement.

Upvote 0