• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Patriarch often fails to take cover

WiPo

May 15, 2009
the patriarch often acts really stupid in his attempts to run away and heal himself, and thus often ends up being killed without any challenge

like when he's desperately trying to break through a door, while he's got 10 other potential ways to escape, and you think to yourself "wtf is he doing?" (happens a lot to me)

or like this time on westlondon

we were all defending inside the tunnel

the patriarch showed up at one of the exits, tried to fire a rocket but got 'bolted' in the face

now instead of heading back to the police station for example, he went through the entire tunnel (where we were all holding out) trigging all the pipe bombs on his way out

he left the tunnel, and like two seconds later came back inside to heal right in front of us :confused:

no need to say it failed

he tried to escape again but this time he barely ran away....as he decided to stop at the entrance of the tunnel, so once again in front of us

and this time he got nailed for good

duh.

I don't know, but I can't seem to remember it used to happen that much before

There are two specimens that should really "take cover" and those are the patriarch and husk.

I would really like to see them both try to range attack (the husk in particular) instead of slowly progressing towards the players.

The pat can cloak, this gives him the perfect opportunity to fire, cloak, find a new spot to attack from, and keep firing. Then maybe he should try to run in for a "tentacle thrust of death."

As for the husk, it should never get closer to the players as long as it can fire.

Upvote 0
I think the patty should just be able to one shot doors. Sure it's an effective tactic of beating him to make him start wailing on a locked door to find cover and heal, but it's getting boring and overused.

The patty has become too easy to beat recently, the only way he isn't easy to beat is on suicidal on servers with 20+ people and that's just because he has ungodly amounts of health.

Must I say this again? WE NEED A NEW BOSS.

Upvote 0
Must I say this again? WE NEED A NEW BOSS.

040609_boss_t.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NisCkxU544c&feature=related

how about that guy? :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are two specimens that should really "take cover" and those are the patriarch and husk.

I would really like to see them both try to range attack (the husk in particular) instead of slowly progressing towards the players.

The pat can cloak, this gives him the perfect opportunity to fire, cloak, find a new spot to attack from, and keep firing. Then maybe he should try to run in for a "tentacle thrust of death."

As for the husk, it should never get closer to the players as long as it can fire.

Totally agree with this.

Upvote 0
all i have to say is "welded doors". they reduce the patty to a specimen with an IQ of 5 :D

LOL yeah.

Its like, he sees a door and just MUST blast it off with his rocket launcher.

Id prefer him to take down doors with his bare hands to make it faster, thus he wouldnt even take damage from it. Aaand players couldnt pin him in front of doors anymore.

Upvote 0
Yeah, but it makes him way too easy to kill sometimes.

yeah this i true, i was making an excuse as such.
It would be nice if the patty's 'children' were a new kinda creature that was obviously tougher, rather than the usual assortment of low-level specimens.

And yeah, a new boss, phaps appearing half way through, would be great.

Upvote 0